Help! c500 lcd display.

Stevie Atkinson

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 17, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hi, my c500 lcd display unit on my Ebike just went blank, when I got home I checked all the wiring and connectors, all seemed fine, I had a full charge on the battery, I'm not sure what to do now to try and fix it, anyone know where I can get a c500 lcd display in the UK? Or a quick fix for my blank c500 display.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Stevie. 40552

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The LCD is powered directly from the battery. If it's blank, it has no battery supply. I think that one disassembles, so open it and measure the voltage between the red and black wires where they connect. If no voltage, you need to follow back down the wires to find where the break is.

If an LCD is faulty you would see something on the display. I'd say that it has no power. You need to sort out why before buying a new one.

Reactions: Stevie Atkinson

Stevie Atkinson

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 17, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne
The LCD is powered directly from the battery. If it's blank, it has no battery supply. I think that one disassembles, so open it and measure the voltage between the red and black wires where they connect. If no voltage, you need to follow back down the wires to find where the break is.

If an LCD is faulty you would see something on the display. I'd say that it has no power. You need to sort out why before buying a new one.
hi, I've taken out the 4 small screws on the back of the unit but it won't open, is it glued? Cheers Stevie.

Tomas Novotny

Just Joined
Feb 6, 2021
Hi! I had the same problem, the C500 display just went blank ... after disassembling it, I noticed a massive oxidation of the main board caused by water... So I wrote to the service email of YosePower and they will send me a new unit from China for 40€. Shipping approx. 6-10 days to Europe.

Reactions: Scorpio

Related Articles

Advertisers