Cannondale Synapse Neo

Helenwhitegate

Just Joined
Aug 18, 2019
I have had a Neo since last March but only just came across this thread. I thought I would share my experiences. I’ve been in France since May, riding every hill we can find, hence why I bought an e road bike. I’ve been up a lot of cols on my normal roady but am s. L. O. W. So to be able to ride with my bloke I bought the Neo. At first I felt I needed max power to keep up but of course that ate up my battery and some of the mountains we are climbing are very long, however I now realise that the different powers simply increase my speed, I can actually climb anything on eco, just slower. Tour gives me enough to keep up with nick and I don’t actually need anything above that. I did a climb today on eco that I had previously done on tour. I was .6 mph slower. This knowledge means I can regulate my assist for the distance of ride. I still get it wrong! Went far too fast up the Bonette and ran out a mile from the top! I love this bike. It makes me happy to ride instead of internally, and occasionally externally, crying. Obviously it isn’t female specific so I changed the saddle but it’s a super comfy ride. My only issue is charging it whilst travelling in a motorhome. It takes ALOT of solar!

Bonky

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 6, 2019
Hi Helen, I'm envious of your being able to ride in France. Glad to hear that you are still pleased with your Neo. I am too...it's a little more comfortable now that I've adjusted the saddle so it's almost parallel with the ground. I'm obviously not as fit as you as I think 'Tour' is my default. Keep it up!

Reactions: Helenwhitegate

Helenwhitegate

Just Joined
Aug 18, 2019
Hi Helen, I'm envious of your being able to ride in France. Glad to hear that you are still pleased with your Neo. I am too...it's a little more comfortable now that I've adjusted the saddle so it's almost parallel with the ground. I'm obviously not as fit as you as I think 'Tour' is my default. Keep it up!
That’s the thing I’ve found. I can go up a hill on eco, it is just slower. I’m not super fit, but I think as long as you can turn the pedal, the bike does the rest and you get up. You don’t need a stronger assist. Ok, if we are at 13, 14, 15 % maybe. But I could do that if needed. Give it a go, you may be surprised.

msrockhopper

Just Joined
Aug 30, 2019
Anyone have an idea how to attach a light to the Neo SE. It’s supposed to be pre wired but I can’t find any info or where the light should attach. There must be a grommet somewhere covering the wire. I’m assuming the wire supplied is a spare with it being advertised as being pre wired?

Roberticus

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2018
Rotherham
Meanwhile........has anyone fitted mudguards ?
I've tried fitting my race blades but the rear is asymmetrical and I can't get them to sit right.
I was going to fit some full length bluemels but there is no facility on the front fork/header tube for the top fixing ! Doh !

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
I can't help re the mudguards or front lights questions I am sorry to say. If I was looking to fit either I would probably email Cannondale directly to see what they advise.

Reactions: Roberticus

Roberticus

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2018
Rotherham
Must have been having a full on 'numpty' day !
Had a go at fitting the full length bluemels mudguards.
Fitted quite easily 'cos I had forgotten the stays are adjustable .:rolleyes:
Then I 'discovered' the front forks are drilled and tapped at the rear,:rolleyes::rolleyes:,
so I'll try fitting the front one tomorrow !

• Informative
Reactions: Nev

westofsouth

Just Joined
Aug 5, 2019
Lights - there is a socket hidden under the left side motor cover - it is necessary to remove the crank arm. The cover screws are Torx.
btw I found a lot of sludge in the bottom of the motor cover - it runs down the downtube and into the casing, particularly if you have no front mudguard...

Mudguards - I fitted Tortec silver 'guards which contrast nicely with the Black Pearl Neo 3

Now completed nearly 500 miles, including one 100 mile ride.

• Informative
Reactions: Nev

westofsouth

Just Joined
Aug 5, 2019
Recently had the Bosch software update - slight improvement in shift detection...
I find the rattle from the motor/crank when coasting on an uneven road quite irritating - anyone else experience this problem?

Roberticus

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2018
Rotherham
No rattling on mine ! Only problem I've had so far is downshift can be quite clunky when in small chainring on front. This is most likely me being cack-handed !
How did find out about the software update ?

Related Articles

Advertisers