Canyon buying experience.

Johnecybrid

Pedelecer
Feb 14, 2017
South west
Good morning.

Does anyone have any experience of buying a bike from Canyon.
i am considering buying a Pathlight:ON 6.0 but am a little concerned about buying mail order.
i am not so worried about assembly, but have no idea how you would manage with software updates and first service etc, as I really don’t want to box it up and send it off to Surry where I think their service centre is.

Cheers

Ballynoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2017
Perthshire Scotland
Just my personal thoughts, but I would rather buy from a local dealer, so I can return it if there is a problem. Yes there are good deals to be had online, but you have to balance that against how you would resolve a problem should it arise.

Yes there will be many people who buy online and never have a problem, but I like the local face to face (socially distant of course) contact with a local bike shop. It's a personal thing for each of us.

Just my thoughts.

Johnecybrid

Pedelecer
Feb 14, 2017
South west
Just my personal thoughts, but I would rather buy from a local dealer, so I can return it if there is a problem. Yes there are good deals to be had online, but you have to balance that against how you would resolve a problem should it arise.

Yes there will be many people who buy online and never have a problem, but I like the local face to face (socially distant of course) contact with a local bike shop. It's a personal thing for each of us.

Just my thoughts.
Well yes, I quite agree and I would rather buy locally for those reasons.
Just so happens I like the look of that Canyon and think for the price it’s a fair deal.
The fact that if there are problems with the bike and difficulty having the software updated if it becomes available may well stop me from buying one.
i don’t usually pay for servicing as I like to do so myself, but would like to take it it for a first free look at if possible as I did with my Cube.
Was just hoping someone had taken this route before.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Find a local dealer.

Ballynoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2017
Perthshire Scotland
How far is the online supplier to you, as even if you have a problem you can still stick it in the car and take it back, take the misses as well and have a day out with lunch. Most dealers will let you bring it on a specific day and work on it there and then if pre arranged, so you can pick it up after they have fixed it and you can drive home.

Just a thought.

Very rarely will you have a problem to be honest, my eBike is 3 years old, and other than general maintenance and cleaning, it hasn't missed a beat.

It's just a balance of what is best between the good price and what if something goes wrong...

Good Luck

Johnecybrid

Pedelecer
Feb 14, 2017
South west
How far is the online supplier to you, as even if you have a problem you can still stick it in the car and take it back, take the misses as well and have a day out with lunch. Most dealers will let you bring it on a specific day and work on it there and then if pre arranged, so you can pick it up after they have fixed it and you can drive home.

Just a thought.

Very rarely will you have a problem to be honest, my eBike is 3 years old, and other than general maintenance and cleaning, it hasn't missed a beat.

It's just a balance of what is best between the good price and what if something goes wrong...

Good Luck
That’s not a bad option though Plymouth to Surry is quite a drive.
Canyon’s are only available mail order from Germany, that’s how they keep the prices down, but they seem to have a service centre in Surry as far as I can see.
I also have an ebike that in the three years I have owned it has been faultless.
It would obviously be a bit of a pain should I have a problem with it so will have to mull it over.
Cheers

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well it will come in a box so if anything does go wrong just send it to the service center imo they will pay for the postage in warranty tho id check that first.

dom t has 2 of them i think

Johnecybrid

Pedelecer
Feb 14, 2017
South west
well it will come in a box so if anything does go wrong just send it to the service center imo they will pay for the postage in warranty tho id check that first.

[/QUOTE

Excellent idea, they have live chat so will check that out.

Cheers

Deus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2014
Dewsbury
I bought a bike from Go Outdoors online (only option as stores are closed) but it arrived with faults it took over a month to get it picked up and i have still not got my refund so its only local bike shops fro me now

Related Articles

Advertisers