Help! Carrera Cross City issue

FrancisHayden

Just Joined
Jan 12, 2021
Hello people.

I’ve just bought myself a Cross City from Halfords which I would love to make the most of but it seems to have an irritating issue.

The power cuts in and out in an annoying way. Is this a ‘feature’ or is it just a problem with my particular bike?

(Halfords are being helpful but I’d like to get more information if I can.)

Many thanks,

Francis

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Some bikes cut out abruptly others less so, not a lot one can do if the speed limit can't be changed.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It uses speed control on the pedal assist, where each level gives a different speed limit, not power level, so select a higher level on the control panel to raise the cut-out speed.

FrancisHayden

Just Joined
Jan 12, 2021
Whatever level I choose it does the same.

The graphs show that the power decreases gradually once you reach a certain speed. This doesn’t seem to be what happens. In practice the power seems to cut in and out at random. Has anyone else had this?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
In that case, the pedal sensor probably isn't set properly. It's behind the chainwheel, where you'll see a black disk with magnets in it. the sensor is fixed next to it and has a wire coming out of it. The gap between the two has to be an even 1mm (approx). You can wiggle the disc into position with your fingers. It's only friction that holds it in place, so it easily gets knocjed out of position, especially if the chain comes off.