Help! Carrera E bike

Slatey

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 2, 2020
Hi,i have lost power to my subway and have no clue what it could be.it is only 3 weeks old and before i take it in under warranty i would like to know if anyone has any ideas please.

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Ask for a refund, this has been happening for years with the Carreras, it has just happened on my friends Carrera and I returned 2 Crossfires a few years ago. Quite a few threads on the site about this.

Slatey

Oct 2, 2020
Weird it has just kicked in but i will take it in but would still like any ideas

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Bad battery contact, check the motor connector is properly pushed in (it is along the chain stay).
So many have moaned about these bikes they just aren't really worth the aggro.

Slatey

Oct 2, 2020
Bad battery contact, check the motor connector is properly pushed in (it is along the chain stay).
So many have moaned about these bikes they just aren't really worth the aggro.
Thanks for the tip i have some contact cleaner so will do that and use the spray as well

MahatmaGeansai

Just Joined
Apr 27, 2020
I had a tonne of issues with a Subway I purchased last year. I had an electrical failure which Halfords repaired but there were still issues. I got a new replacement, but that failed after a few months. I ended up trading in for a Carrera Crossfuse which uses the Bosch system, and Halford split the difference in price. The crossfuse has been working well so far.

I wouldn't go near an e-bike using that Suntour Hesc system again.

Reactions: Slatey