Charge Cooker 29er conversion with GSM 250w mid drive

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I'm selling my 2014 Charge Cooker 29er hardtail with Gsm conversion

Only reluctantly selling as I've built a hardtail ebike with a bbs02 and a titanium frame....means I never use this anymore as too similar but lower spec . Still sad to see go as I love this bikes plush ride

Plus I need cash for another project ! (See shaft drive thread - very different sort of hybrid commuter machine)

So Charge Cooker hardtail with rockshox sprung (not air) suspension, nukeproof Evo pedals , charge spoon saddle (new) , came creek headset (brand new , less than 30 miles - changed for sale as original and not as good FDA headset was worn)

This is the original GSM unit and controller which has good and bad points depending on opinion

Good is that it has the independent throttle.

Bad is that if you remove the speed limit the amps increase online ie this unit will pull serious amps unrestricted and you need a battery than can cope with the demands.

But also good in that the motor and controller can cope with some serious wattage! Indeed 48v external controllers are available that to quote another thread "make this thing go like a scolded cat"

The battery itself is past best. Built by BGA (JIMMY) using Panasonic cells . Originally 16ah dolphin but designed for 36v 20a draw. It's fine on this bike but not unrestricted which pulls in excess of 25a constant . Easily managed 15 miles today on max PAS and slight district (18mph) and had 1 or 2 bar left. Still both keys and charger included

Some paint peeling on brake lever (avid hydro) and the fork stanchions have some minor corrosion. Again full disclosure

Basically , this could be seriously upgraded by someone keen. Or used in low spec by someone not keen

I was thinking of 450

Photos tomorrow !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Old photo for now I found. When I get home tomorrow I'll take more recent pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer