Claud Butler With eZee Conversion Stolen

C

Cyclezee

I am posting this on behalf of a customer who is not a member.

He emailed me late last night to say his eZee powered Claud Butler had been stolen.

I am waiting for more detail, photos, location, time etc., and will post when I have them.

For now, the customer lives in Berkhamsted and commutes to London.

There is a £100 reward for information leading to the return of the bike.

Keep them peeled guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Cyclezee

Here is some more detail from the owner, unfortunately no photos.

The bike is a silver Claud Butler Stoneriver 2007 model, hardtail MTB with a black Suntour forks.
There were panniers on the battery rack.
The conversion kit is an eZee MK2 with an FP battery.
It was stolen from Berkhamsted Station on Tuesday 15th during the day.
The owner was a little late from work that day and only discovered it at 8PM.

Coincidentally on Wednesday afternoon whilst I was London I received the classic call from a 'gent' with a very distinctive accent who had lost the keys for his eZee and also needed a replacement charger because his was broken. Needless to say we have not supplied the parts.

This information has been passed to the Police along with the 'gents' phone number.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Crikey, I thought I was the only person with an electric CB stoneriver, in silver, with black forks. Mine has a different kit though.

Hope your customer gets his bike back.

C

Cyclezee

My last involvement with helping the Police track down a stolen bike ended with a the thief being prosecuted and the bike being returned to it's rightful owner undamaged.

On that occasion the 'gent' got a custodial sentence as he had committed several other offences and had a house full of stolen property.

The point I am trying to make is that helping the Police is not a waste of time and can have happy ending for the victim

Reactions: stumpy150

Clockwise

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 28, 2013
My last involvement with helping the Police track down a stolen bike ended with a the thief being prosecuted and the bike being returned to it's rightful owner undamaged.

On that occasion the 'gent' got a custodial sentence as he had committed several other offences and had a house full of stolen property.

The point I am trying to make is that helping the Police is not a waste of time and can have happy ending for the victim
Similar happened with me, I had my bike stolen about 10 years ago and put effort into finding it, long story short the guy was a career bike thief and so a dozen or so bikes got recovered. Also considering even a cheap D lock will need a grinder or a decent amount of time with a hacksaw, it's all planned and they are all scum.

Anyway will keep my eyes open, might even have a poke about the local carboot sales(9 elms, wimbledon) if I can.

C

Cyclezee

Similar happened with me, I had my bike stolen about 10 years ago and put effort into finding it, long story short the guy was a career bike thief and so a dozen or so bikes got recovered. Also considering even a cheap D lock will need a grinder or a decent amount of time with a hacksaw, it's all planned and they are all scum.

Anyway will keep my eyes open, might even have a poke about the local carboot sales(9 elms, wimbledon) if I can.
Car boot sales are always worth a try along with Ebay and Gumtree.
Of course it may well get stripped down for parts and the battery is pretty much useless without the keys and correct charger.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012

I never knew that to catch a thief really existed.

MS.