Cleaning and Lubrication?

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
I cleaned the chain with muc-off drivetrain cleaner in a machine thingy today(few pulls through by hand both ways), wiped off the excess and as per instructions washed off the remaining cleaner with water...ho hum all seems very bizarre....water?...so I hung the chain over the heater at work for 2-3 hours to now hopefully heat displace any water rather than use some of this stuff we were given to trial...
http://www.bikegoo.co.uk/maintenance-c7/cleaning-c12/green-oil-eco-spray-lube-400ml-p1251/s7029?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=green-oil-eco-spray-lube-400ml-go-es01&utm_campaign=product+listing+ads&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkO-L3ciq4AIVTLTtCh3xCAm5EAQYBSABEgJIjPD_BwE

This would have mixed with the new lube which I didn't want and wasn't following the muc-off instructions...

Put the chain back on at home with a reassuring "click" and used the Muc-Off E bike wet lube (smells weird) a healthy drop on each roller...

Looks spanking new...

Deno

Pedelecer
Jan 24, 2018
Dublin
I have used degreaser in a drivetrain cleaner exclusively on my bike. Used it frequently on my last chain but the drivetrain didn't last longer than 1500 miles of road use, I say drivetrain because it started skipping on the two smallest gears on the cassette only (either worn or most torque). I don't remove from the bike and I use Lifeline wet lube.

What do we think of the drivetrain cleaners, are they good? Certainly the chain looks clear after and the drivetrain is much smoother.

Related Articles

Advertisers