Colder calls than normal

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
We had recently posts about cold calls from the nuisance people ringing usually wanting to fix your computer or to get you money from the Banks and the like.

I now have had a batch of folk wanting to sell me a funeral plan and they are persistent, despite me telling them I have enough to deal with the 'final' expenses.

What I wonder, is this as a result of my recent excursions to hospitals? Do they sell a list of oldies who have called in or do they know something I don't?

Has this happened to others I wonder? Gives one the shivers.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
We had recently posts about cold calls from the nuisance people ringing usually wanting to fix your computer or to get you money from the Banks and the like.

I now have had a batch of folk wanting to sell me a funeral plan and they are persistent, despite me telling them I have enough to deal with the 'final' expenses.

What I wonder, is this as a result of my recent excursions to hospitals? Do they sell a list of oldies who have called in or do they know something I don't?

Has this happened to others I wonder? Gives one the shivers.
Yep. Me too. But mine came out of the blue from the building society .
Sent them some constructive feedback.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
They'll get no money from me, I won't be having a funeral. The body goes to medicine, which for an old codger like me generally means a carcase for trainee doctors to practice surgery on, after which the remains are incinerated. Doing something useful basically.

There are certain diseases whicn mean the body can't bre accepted for that purpose, so to cope with that possibility if it happens, I've pre-arranged for transport to the local crematorium.

A heat to power incinerator is being built in my area and ideally I'd like the incineration either way done there to generate some useful power as well. Unfortunately the primitive minds of those in authority couldn't envisage that sensible disposal method.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
My wife is doing the same but me, being a fan of mysteries, would prefer to just disappear.

Reactions: trex

Advertisers