Help! Complete Newbie

Henny

Just Joined
Sep 6, 2020
Hope someone can help because I haven’t a clue , Handle bar display has low mode and high mode lights flashing at the same time and no power assist . (Carrera vengeance ) Halfords quite a distance away so any help would be greatly appreciated , 2FDDFD63-4900-47C5-8ECF-5AD3FC656D32.jpeg

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It's probably got water in it and probably needs to be replaced. You can get level 1 assist by disconnecting the panel and joining the red and blue wires that run between the controller and the panel in the harness. I don't know how easy it is to get at the wires on your bike. If it has the flat black connector at the controller end, you can use a paper clip to bridge the pins. Insulate it with tape.

Reactions: Henny

Henny

Just Joined
Sep 6, 2020
It's probably got water in it and probably needs to be replaced. You can get level 1 assist by disconnecting the panel and joining the red and blue wires that run between the controller and the panel in the harness. I don't know how easy it is to get at the wires on your bike. If it has the flat black connector at the controller end, you can use a paper clip to bridge the pins. Insulate it with tape.
yep got a soaking yesterday so that’s very likely ,thank you for your help :)

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
That looks like a 790 display, very common.Water can get in through the crack on the top. I sealed mine with superglue. also, use evostick to seal the part where the cable goes into the display.
Finally, loosen the screws holding it to the handlebar, so in bad weather you can turn it to a vertical position.
With luck and sunshine, you may find that it will dry out, mine did.

Reactions: Edward Elizabeth

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The water can also sometimes get in where the cable comes out. I would recommend using a bit of polythene and a rubber band over it every time you ride or park in the rain. You can stuff a few freezer bags and rubber bands in the end of the handlebars.

Henny

Just Joined
Sep 6, 2020
That looks like a 790 display, very common.Water can get in through the crack on the top. I sealed mine with superglue. also, use evostick to seal the part where the cable goes into the display.
Finally, loosen the screws holding it to the handlebar, so in bad weather you can turn it to a vertical position.
With luck and sunshine, you may find that it will dry out, mine did.
It is a 790 display ,thanks for your help

Henny

Just Joined
Sep 6, 2020
The water can also sometimes get in where the cable comes out. I would recommend using a bit of polythene and a rubber band over it every time you ride or park in the rain. You can stuff a few freezer bags and rubber bands in the end of the handlebars.
I’ll try that ,thank you