Confirm email

RichardP.

Just Joined
Mar 3, 2024
London SE39QL
{admin removed email address}

I am retired and have now just acquired a Fiido D11 ebike. I am 79 years, been driving since 16.i am fed up paying parking charges and driving restriction. I live in Greenwich Llondon

Last edited by a moderator:

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
SPAM !!!!!!!!!!!!

Why ask anyone to confirm their email address

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Please confirm my email
{email address removed by admin}
I am retired and have now just acquired a Fiido D11 ebike. I am 79 years, been driving since 16.i am fed up paying parking charges and driving restriction. I live in Greenwich Llondon
If that really is your email, you need to edit it out. Bots trawl through forums looking for emails to sell on, then you get inundated with spam and scams.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
Reactions: sjpt

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
If that really is your email, you need to edit it out. Bots trawl through forums looking for emails to sell on, then you get inundated with spam and scams.
Pending that, you should edit out his email address in your reply.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
It's been awhile, but IIRC you can't post until your email address has been confirmed. Furthermore, I notice the OP has placed a space within his email address, clearly shown below between quotes:

" "

...to bypass the filter many forums have, to prevent people publicly posting their email addresses. Therefore I suspect the OP is a spammer or something - maybe his uncle is a Nigerian Prince who would like to deposit a large sum of money into your bank account, and just needs your name, account number, sort code etc.?

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Lawrence Akugbe
maybe his uncle is a Nigerian Prince who would like to deposit a large sum of money into your bank account, and just needs your name, account number, sort code etc.?
I hope he is. Maybe I can get his contact details. That's how I made all my money. Prince Lawrence Akugbe bought a Nigerian lottery ticket on my behalf and it won the jackpot of £700,000. I only had to send him £800 to cover the admin costs of notorising my claim and secure shipment of the money. It only took a couple of weeks for the money to arrive. I was expecting cash, but, better still, in came as a box of 800 freshly minted 1oz Nigerian Britannia gold coins. The box was 10kg. I could hardly lift it. I've kept them because gold always increases. Gold Britannias were worth about £900 each when I got them, and now about £1700 each, so my windfall has nearly doubled.

• :D
Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Lawrence Akugbe

I hope he is. Maybe I can get his contact details. That's how I made all my money. Prince Lawrence Akugbe bought a Nigerian lottery ticket on my behalf and it won the jackpot of £700,000. I only had to send him £800 to cover the admin costs of notorising my claim and secure shipment of the money. It only took a couple of weeks for the money to arrive. I was expecting cash, but, better still, in came as a box of 800 freshly minted Nigerian Britannia gold coins. The box was 10kg. I could hardly lift it. I've kept them because gold always increases. Gold Britannias were worth about £900 each when I got them, and now about £1700 each, so my windfall has nearly doubled.
Aha! That explains your Ibanez 24 carat gold electric guitar - I'd play that to death, ruining it's investment piece potential, so I'm glad I can't afford to own it.

My train passed through Telford yesterday, I fear my view of the station put me in a bad mood. I couldn't see any bike racks. Yes I'm a bike rack spotter.

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Aha! That explains your Ibanez 24 carat gold electric guitar - I'd play that to death, ruining it's investment piece potential, so I'm glad I can't afford to own it.

My train passed through Telford yesterday, I fear my view of the station put me in a bad mood. I couldn't see any bike racks. Yes I'm a bike rack spotter.

View attachment 56806
I think it's gone commecial. When it stops raining in a couple of months time, I'll have to go and check them out to see how they work.

• Informative
Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I think it's gone commecial. When it stops raining in a couple of months time, I'll have to go and check them out to see how they work.
I should stop and have a look myself, then tick the box next to "Telford" for "Has bike stands" in my bike stand spotters record book.

I reckon all such bike stand solutions are useless without armed guards - to stop a bad guy with an angle grinder, you need a good guy with a bigger angle grinder.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I should stop and have a look myself, then tick the box next to "Telford" for "Has bike stands" in my bike stand spotters record book.

I reckon all such bike stand solutions are useless without armed guards - to stop a bad guy with an angle grinder, you need a good guy with a bigger angle grinder.
Yes, the location is more important than the structure for security.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Yes, the location is more important than the structure for security.
The structure atop a 200ft tall (or slightly shorter) greasy pole, with bikes deposited and retrieved by drone? Perhaps they could be combined with windmill generators, to charge both?

Is there a business case for mobile bike storage lorries parked up near train stations shopping centers and high streets, guarded by 4GS? Too expensive of course... glad my bike folds, so I don't have to leave it out anywhere.