Conhis Motor 36v 250w

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4366

Does anyone have any experience of this motor? As far as I can figure out, it's a direct drive brushless, gearless, hall sensor hub motor. Does it have much torque? How does it compare with a Bafang geared motor? Does the lack of clutch mean that there will be a lot of drag when switched off or on standby? Is it limited to 15mph or faster for the US market? Comments appreciated.
http://www.conhismotor.com/ProductShow.asp?id=84

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
I have a 24v version and yes they are direct drive types, very heavy and obviously no freewheel so a real pain to cycle without power. To get torque you need amps so the more the better but it mean a stiff battery to go with it. Speed will depend on how many volts you feed it and what wheel size it was wound for......

Seon

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 15, 2010
I have a 200w 36v set-up that I use on the 20" front wheel of my Bacchetta Bellandare recumbent. It's very good. The controller and thumb throttle aren't so good. There are too many features and the wiring isn't very solid.

At 36v 200w it won't go beyond 15mph anyhow. I use it to get up to speed then its easy to keep the bike going. It's heavier than other motors but not that heavy. I prefer a bit of weight on the front wheel because it was too light and skippy before.

It vibrates if I give it too much throttle in low gear. I don't know if that's because of the bike or if it would do that on another bike anyhow. But it's easy enough to get into the right gear and give it the right amount of throttle. With moderate pedalling I can easily get thirty miles out of my Ping 15ah 36v battery, with some left over. I tried it on throttle only and got 18 miles over quite hilly ground. But as a gaun-about bike this set-up is great. Winds don't bother me and hills aren't difficult now. The wiring and thumb throttle cause problems though. There are too many features on the controller. I would prefer a more simple set-up like what I've got on my 26" wheel bike. Three wires go into the motor. The controller has an on-off switch too. The Conhis has a switch on the thumb throttle but no main switch to cut power to the controller. Easy enough to make one up yourself but I'd rather have it all big and simple. Still, the electric recumbent is the best thing I've tried. No more cars for me, although I wouldn't say no to Morris 8 Tourer.