Considering an Eco Voltz Dart - Looking For Advice

MartynJones87

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 12, 2018
Hello!

I currently part-commute to work on a 26" wheeled mountain bike, it's just over 4 miles each way. I say part-commute, as I drive from my house to the next village with the bike on the roof and then cycle along a cycle path from there to work. The drive is avoid the road between my house and the next village as I don't feel it is safe enough to cycle down there!

I'm looking at swapping for an electric bike for a bit of assistance, to avoid having to get changed when I get to work, but, due to the increased weight, my roof carrier won't take an electric bike and so I've set my attentions to a folding model.

Having looked at: Volt - Metro, Forme - Buxton Folder, Eco Voltz - Dart, RooDog - Bliss, Eco Voltz - Gravity, Dawes - Arc, Carrera - Crosscity E and the BTwinTilt 500.

I think I've settled on the Eco Voltz - Dart as it seems to be the best balance of equipment, battery capacity and price. There's also a local dealer relatively close to my house.

Does anyone have any experience of the Eco Voltz Dart or any of the Eco Voltz folding models or a suggestion for a better option I may have overlooked or missed?

Thanks very much for any assistance!

Martyn.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
My Kwikfold Xite-3 folds in seconds and fits into my tiny Ford Ka boot standing up. It ticks all the boxes for how a folding ebike should be. Rear Bafang motor, disc brakes, Kenda tyres, small quick charge Samsung battery with good range. And now it’s available in aluminium which gets the weight down to around 18kg.
Note: my example photo shows my Xite-3 with the handlebar stem detached. Two screws to loosen and it pulls off. I am waiting for a folding stem to arrive from China. My bike will then be 100% folding perfection. Check out my Kwikfold Xite-3 review http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/kwikfold-xite-3.31766/
F1029DB6-E8D9-4F35-BCDF-9B47201E0EAA.jpeg

Last edited:

MartynJones87

Dec 12, 2018
Thank you sjpt and Marwood Hill, I'm not sure how I'd missed these options!

I do like the look of both the Woosh Zephyr and Kwikfold Xite and they're definitely viable and interesting options.

Does anybody have any specific experience of those bikes or the Eco Voltz Dart?

Thanks very much,

Martyn.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Hello!

I currently part-commute to work on a 26" wheeled mountain bike, it's just over 4 miles each way. I say part-commute, as I drive from my house to the next village with the bike on the roof and then cycle along a cycle path from there to work. The drive is avoid the road between my house and the next village as I don't feel it is safe enough to cycle down there!

I'm looking at swapping for an electric bike for a bit of assistance, to avoid having to get changed when I get to work, but, due to the increased weight, my roof carrier won't take an electric bike and so I've set my attentions to a folding model.

Having looked at: Volt - Metro, Forme - Buxton Folder, Eco Voltz - Dart, RooDog - Bliss, Eco Voltz - Gravity, Dawes - Arc, Carrera - Crosscity E and the BTwinTilt 500.

I think I've settled on the Eco Voltz - Dart as it seems to be the best balance of equipment, battery capacity and price. There's also a local dealer relatively close to my house.

Does anyone have any experience of the Eco Voltz Dart or any of the Eco Voltz folding models or a suggestion for a better option I may have overlooked or missed?

Thanks very much for any assistance!

Martyn.
Definitely go with local support. If you've found a bike that's nice to ride and you have a local retailer for support, go for it.

MartynJones87

Dec 12, 2018
Saw a Wisper 806 SE, with the 16Ah battery, nearly new, for sale from a local retailer earlier today at a significant discount that brought it into my price range, so went with that. Collecting it on Wednesday! Really looking forward to it. Thanks very much for everyones opinions and advice!