Controller change

El Syd

Just Joined
Sep 17, 2021
I am a new ebike owner.I have Fiido M1 ebike I originally had a Samebike LO26 which was illegal in UK so I bought the Fiido M1. I want to know if I can change the controller and display to the Samebike controller and display as the Fiido one is very limited

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
What is it you find limited?

If you wanted to change the controller/display, there would be better ones to use: KT controllers allow virtually all parameters to be changed and a choice of display.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I almost bought an M1 (still might), I'd be interested to know what parameters are adjustable.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I detect an echo

El Syd

Just Joined
Sep 17, 2021
Hi guerney, I like the M1 as it is foldable and fits into car,its quite heavy but managable. I don't seem to control the speed as it goes into top speed after the pedals start to turn.The LCD screen shows only only a few parameters it has three program modes but I can't find any difference in any of them, thats why I'm looking to see if a different controller and LCD would fit this bike. I had a Samebike LO26 for a few weeks but found out it wasn't legal (500W) so I sold it and bought the M1. The LCD had a lot more controls and PAS was much better, so I'm looking for information on suitable controllers.

Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Hi guerney, I like the M1 as it is foldable and fits into car,its quite heavy but managable. I don't seem to control the speed as it goes into top speed after the pedals start to turn.The LCD screen shows only only a few parameters it has three program modes but I can't find any difference in any of them, thats why I'm looking to see if a different controller and LCD would fit this bike. I had a Samebike LO26 for a few weeks but found out it wasn't legal (500W) so I sold it and bought the M1. The LCD had a lot more controls and PAS was much better, so I'm looking for information on suitable controllers.

Thanks, that's good to know! I think I'll give Fiidos a miss TBH. I've got the bafang bbs01b and it's quite tweakable, and I'm very happy with it, but I can never have too much tweakability in a bike. My next bike will have to work with a KTcontroller. From what people have written about KTs on this website, they sound very interesting indeed... Hope you can get something else working with yours.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I am a new ebike owner.I have Fiido M1 ebike I originally had a Samebike LO26 which was illegal in UK so I bought the Fiido M1. I want to know if I can change the controller and display to the Samebike controller and display as the Fiido one is very limited
Changing the systems over should be too hard if they are similar, the spec's of the controller is important so compare the current rating's. You may have to carry out some wiring as likely the connectors and wire order will differ.

The Fiido sounds like a rudimentary speed controller and some fid them harsh as they give max current from the off, the Samebike may or may not have a speed controller. It may just be a better system.
Show us some pics of the controller/LCD on the Samebike.

Last edited: