Controller Help Needed Please.

morphonyx

Just Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Hi every one!
I am new on this Site but I have been viewing it for a while now and really like it,

My problem is that I have built up an electric bike with a dawes horizon and was using it for about six weeks without any problems or heat isues then one day after recharging the battery it would no longer work.
display comes on but flashes on low battery even though battery is fully charged and ok, all cells are good and voltage is also good. I have done several checks on all components plus the wiring and all is good and correct,
I feel that it may be the controller it is 250 watt none hall controller (sensorless) that I purchased from panda bikes I have contacted them and they have asked for information about my problem and have advised me it could be the PAS sensor and have toldme to do a voltage reading on the signal wire and it is less than 1.0 volt when activated this I believe should be more than 4 volts
however in testing the voltages on the sensor I found that the feed wire to the sensor is only 1volt so am I right in thinking there must be a problem with the controller. also the 6kmph switch lights up but will not turn the wheel.
the hub motor is a tongxin 36 volt 180 watt, the controller is KT 36JWSH -FZ14
I would really appresiate any help or advise as I miss not having my electric bike working

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
there are 3 wires on the pedelec sensor. While power off, check for continuity between each wire with a wire of the same colour onn other plugs to identify ground and 5V supply. Usually black and red. Now power on. You should see about 4.5V between ground and 5V rail. If you don't, then the 5V regulator on your controller has died.

morphonyx

Just Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Thank you trex,
I have checked as you have advised blue is signal, red is live and black is ground, the live is only showing 1 volt so I agree with you and feel it must be the regulator / regulator circuit.
I have had some good news today from Panda Bikes, They sent me an E-mail letting me know that they would send me another controller. they have been responding to my emails quickly and are being helpfull it is nice to be dealing with a company that have shown good customer service.
hopefully I will have my electric bike up and running again soon.
Thanks again for your quick and helpfull reply.