Controller question

Keithdrengen

Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2010
Are the controller supplied with the Alienocean kits (Bafang brushless geared), a sensored or sensorless controller? If it is not, can I use mine (36v 10amp) with a Tongxin gearless motor?
thx
Carsten

Last edited:

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Sensorless...

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
Are the controller supplied with the Alienocean kits (Bafang brushless geared), a sensored or sensorless controller? If it is not, can I use mine (36v 10amp) with a Tongxin gearless motor?
thx
Carsten
If you look at the connections coming out of your controller,you will probably find five thin wires going to one of the connectors,these are hall sensors and i would have thought your brushless bafang motor would have them.

chris_b

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 1, 2010
I've just received an Alien 36v 10Ah kit. The controller has (amongst others) three cables of two wires each, which might be for Hall sensors. The wiring diag is on their site and shows these as "unused" and the Bafang motor SB QWSXB2 has no connections for these (3 wires only). My controller has no manufacturer shown and is identifiable from outside only as

Rated voltage: 36V
Max current: 15A
Rated current: 7A
Low voltage protection: 31V
Throttle adjustment voltage: 12.v - 4.4v
Product No WS X0907-18830;
Ex factory date 07 2009

There's another number CE:G3M20211-16. (I don't think that's anything to do with European CE marking as the official CE mark isn't attached)

Chris

Last edited:

Keithdrengen

Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2010
Thanks,
If my own controller gets too fiddly, are there any third-party controller that has proven to work good with the Tongxin motor?
Thx (for an allways helpful forum :) )

CJ