Wanted controller wanted

safemonkey

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 21, 2020
Well great im starting my holiday and my controller died :(

Im looking for a controller 48v 1000w. i would prefer to pickup im in chigwell London area or Essex .

Please if you have one let me know.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You need to let us know the max current required not wattage, controller wattage is meaninglessness.

safemonkey

Dec 21, 2020
Oh ok didn't know that thanks. Will have a look at the controller tomorrow.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
You need to let us know the max current required not wattage, controller wattage is meaninglessness.
Probably a 20-25A controller?

He'll need to know how to pair properly the hall and phase sensors, unless he buys some more expensive controller that can pair automatically

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
20/25a is likely but then again so is 30a. No use the op using a controller if his battery can't supply the current.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
20/25a is likely but then again so is 30a. No use the op using a controller if his battery can't supply the current.
I have an oversized controller and my battery can't supply the max current. But I just use lower power. It just work as well.

However when I sold it, the guy was abusing the controller and blew my battery then gave it back lol. Hopefully I repaired after

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Exactly Cwah you have highlighted the risks that those without the knowledge will and can cause damage, the guy may have been lucky as on another day the battery could possibly have exploded or gone up in flames.
It simply isn't the logical route to take.

safemonkey

Dec 21, 2020
this is the one i had and going to order one today

was hoping to get one before Christmas but that's not going to happen..will just have to wait :(

thanks guys