Converting from Swytch to standard equipment

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
OK, I attach photos of the two leads, the yellow one I presume is the PAS, and the black connector is an 8 pin .
First one is for the harness that goes up to the handlebars. It has 8 pins, which are five for the LCD that includes the common ground, 5v, brake sensor and throttle. The harness branches into 4 connectors at the handlebars. The other (yellow) is for the pedal sensor.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If one doesn't need the throttle or brake connections then as I mentioned in #72 and linked to , one can also buy 1T2 cables as an option to the 1T4 's.

rig the jig

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2019
Would any one pick a kt controller and display, 17A 36V that I could wire in to a swytch bafang sensorless motor with a 9 pin connector, with a PAS sensor, and a throttle control. I bought a controler but the connections are 8pin plus 9 pin motor connection, also no paperwork come with the controller. Any help greatly appreciated.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Would any one pick a kt controller and display, 17A 36V that I could wire in to a swytch bafang sensorless motor with a 9 pin connector, with a PAS sensor, and a throttle control. I bought a controler but the connections are 8pin plus 9 pin motor connection, also no paperwork come with the controller. Any help greatly appreciated.
9 pin is normally sensored, not sensorless. Why do you think it's sensorless? You can check the controller connections.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
We have already said the 9 pin is the motor connection and the 8 pin is for a 1T2 or 1T4 cable that are splitter cables fo the various handle bar functions.
One connects the 1T? cable and then the display and throttle will connect to the other outlets.
See my post 72#.
Also if you have 9 pin motor cable then it is a sensored motor, the extra 6 wires are for the three main Hall's and one for the speed sensor.

Pharmhand

Just Joined
Jun 26, 2023
I have a swytch generation 2 kit (wheel hub AKM 100sx 6xx 36hb)
I want to program a Kt controller with a Kt Lcd3 display to work with this motor.
I am trying to get a couple of settings .
P1=motor gear reduction ratio × number of rotor magnet pieces
And p2 is the wheel speed pulse setting.
If you have programmed this type of setup can you give these settings?

Thanks

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

heythisisdave

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 11, 2024
you can replace the battery with one that has more capacity like a 36V 15AH or 20AH and keep the rest like they are. It's an easy 15 minute job. Soldering is not required.
Hey - curious what you mean by this? I'm looking to upgrade the battery on my Swytch MAX to something else but it seems like you have to at least solder in a new connector to the controller box? Is there another way to do it?

mta102

Dec 27, 2023
Hey - curious what you mean by this? I'm looking to upgrade the battery on my Swytch MAX to something else but it seems like you have to at least solder in a new connector to the controller box? Is there another way to do it?
I am working on another way to do this by this weekend. I will report on progress soon.

mta102

Dec 27, 2023

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford

Advertisers