Converting from Swytch to standard equipment

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
Does £260 include delivery? The Yosepower.co.uk site isn't listing a 36V20Ah and the .com site says it can't deliver to my address near yours. Website glitch or favouritism? :)
Ebay shows 3.5kg for 20Ah vs Yose 5kg for 17.4Ah, and for 20Ah 4.2kg, not wildly different if ebay's wrong and it usually is.
Well if you will live in Surrey .. ;) are you using a vpn perhaps? the Yosepower.de site also sells to the uk btw, Fwiw i got my kit inc battery from yosepower.co.uk and an extra sensor from the .de site later, Very happy with both purchases and service..

• Informative
Reactions: AntonyC

rig the jig

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2019
That's a Yose battery. I'm sure it'll be fine, but wouldn't it be better to buy one direct from them to avoid duty, or are you not in the UK? It looks a bit expensive to me at that price plus possible duty, when their 17.4ah one ships from the UK at only £201, and the Greenlance 48v20ah batteries with Samsung cells are only £290.
I am located in Ireland, so if I buy from within EU there are no extra charges, I amd reluctant to buy directly from China due to quality issues.

Sturmey

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2018
Ireland
I am located in Ireland, so if I buy from within EU there are no extra charges, I amd reluctant to buy directly from China due to quality issues.
217 euro free delivery/no tax to Ireland from Germany for 36v 20ah below.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
If a domain is parked downforeveryone will see it live (*). It doesn't check for sensible content, just for a response.

(*) unless the parking site is down

rig the jig

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2019
Hi could any of you guys recommend a good quality lcd display that would work with this controller.https://www.ebay.ie/itm/174788288573?var=473965934821#:~:text=36V%2048V%2015,show%20original%20title

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
I'm seeing 'domain parked with GoDaddy' but downforeveryone tells me it's up. Defo favouritism at play here. You didn't mean a VPN's essential did you?
I cant recall the fqdn of the site just that when after kit shopping for the pas sensor i was directed to the german site, definately .de terminated and i had to change the currency employed but beyond that ?
Its not easy to sign into the email for that transaction from here but can do monday if needed.

With respect to the vpn comment when using a commercial vpn surfshark to watch US Amazon Prime etc I often find i get redirected from local suppliers to what is thought to be more local based on my spoofed ip.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hi could any of you guys recommend a good quality lcd display that would work with this controller.https://www.ebay.ie/itm/174788288573?var=473965934821#:~:text=36V%2048V%2015,show%20original%20title
It showed to me to be a KT torque simulation contoller , one can use any of the kT lcd's with it fro the basic #1/#2 models and all the rest approx. 10 or 11 other KT lcd's.

One can use any of the KT's in the link below which are also available form many other sellers/outlets.
LED,LCD1,LCD3,LCD5,LCD6,LED810,LED890,C963,C965,C961 for ebike (topbikekit.com)

rig the jig

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2019

rig the jig

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2019
Hi I got a controller with a an 8 pin Julet connector, a 9 pin connection for the motor, and a 3 pin connector which I think is for the PAS sensor. Can anyone recommend aK2 display with a throttle that will fit the controller model KT36.
Thanks Rig the jig.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi I got a controller with a an 8 pin Julet connector, a 9 pin connection for the motor, and a 3 pin connector which I think is for the PAS sensor. Can anyone recommend aK2 display with a throttle that will fit the controller model KT36.
Thanks Rig the jig.
All KT displays work with KT controllers. LC1 doesn't give access to all the settings, so avoid that one. The buttons on the LCD4 are too small for gloved hands, so only get that one if you're sure about it. All the rest of the LCD are OK. Don't get an LED display.

I always recommend the KT controllers with the block connectors, not the Julet ones because it's very difficult to test anything when you have moulded connectors. Also, there are often compatibility issues with the moulded ones that look the same and they fit but they're wired differently.

Whenever you buy a new controller, it's always best to buy a matching control panel , the throttle, brake sensors and pedal sensor from the same seller. get everything as a matching kit, then you can be sure that everything fits and works together. nearly everyb time people buy stuff from seperate sources, it doesn't work.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
KT lcd9, one can buy left or right handed throttle version .
Your controller will need a green 5 pin LCD julet & a yellow 3 pin throttle julet, if you only have the 8 pin julet from the controller then a 8pin 1T2/splitter cable is also needed.

KT LCD9 Color Display Meter with Right/Left Throttle 24V/36V/48V with Julet WP Plug [KT-LCD9 Display Julet Plug] - $36.00 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce (topbikekit.com)

1-2 Julet Extend Cable Ebike Waterproof Cable 29.5/72.5cm for Meter and Throttle [Julet 1-2 WP Cable] - $4.00 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce (topbikekit.com)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

rig the jig

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2019
I think I got the wrong controller as it has Julet cables, so to make sure everything works, or can be made to work, I am going to get a controller with the other connectors in order to make changes if necessary. Thanks for all the good advice. When I get everything sorted hopefully I will post the new installation with photos for all Swytch users, who wish to change from Swytch.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I think I got the wrong controller as it has Julet cables, so to make sure everything works, or can be made to work, I am going to get a controller with the other connectors in order to make changes if necessary. Thanks for all the good advice. When I get everything sorted hopefully I will post the new installation with photos for all Swytch users, who wish to change from Swytch.
Just cut the connectors off and solder the wires. You don't need connectors.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I can solder the cables ,but how do I identify what cables are connected to what devices
One side, they're connected to the device, so that should be pretty straight forward. Show a photo of the controoller side if you want help with that and count the pins on each connector.

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
Keywords for a google search include " julet, pinout, ebike controller" along side any specific brand, rating, and type info you have.

focusing on picture results initially should lead you towards forum posts from folk in similar situations and the links that helped them..

Taken 1 connection at a time its just a lil time consuming,

Quite expensive conversion leads can be found on ebay/amazon and aliexpress prices are not significantly cheaper according to my brief look,,

Advertisers