CST - it's all working

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
Oh dear ! :eek:

D

Deleted member 4366

but we also feel your joy and share the elation of your success.

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
Alex - just re-read that post when you were thoroughly p1$$&d off with the whole thing & it contrasts so much with my experience of fitting one of Jon's Ezee mk2 kitw to my bike.

It's made me wonder how close to what you finished-up with is the Cyclezee kit.

Mine gives me 850 watts on a strenuous climb: Is that far off what the Cst gives you?

I've nearly amassed enough data to do a meaningful review of the fitting & performance of mine, so I'll be posting it soon.

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
Alex - just re-read that post when you were thoroughly p1$$&d off with the whole thing & it contrasts so much with my experience of fitting one of Jon's Ezee mk2 kitw to my bike.

It's made me wonder how close to what you finished-up with is the Cyclezee kit.

Mine gives me 850 watts on a strenuous climb: Is that far off what the Cst gives you?

I've nearly amassed enough data to do a meaningful review of the fitting & performance of mine, so I'll be posting it soon.
I get over 1100W+ on a strenuous climb and the same when setting off so no issues with sluggish hill starts etc. The extra power mainly affects speed more than (or perhaps in addition to) ease of climbing I think but also gives very good hill starts which helps around here especially if you get stuck behind cars on a steep slope.

The motor/controller/battery basic fit is not complex and it isn't that which wound up being so frustrating in itself. But the bike had to carry a whole load of bulky kit all Summer and I couldn't have my rack taken up with bike stuff, plus then needed a large 20Ah battery, controller and serious amount of extra wiring etc. integrating to the frame. This was when it started to get challenging.

It was mainly trying to work out how to integrate the CA, tapped circuitry, chargers, 4 lights with handlebar 2-level switching, dual-throttle, proper horn, circuit isolators and fuses etc. and building into frame triangle with a hefty 20Ah battery that only just fitted which wound up making it such a mammoth exercise.

In other words moving it from a basic kit to a bike with a load of other fully integrated electric features. Along with all the basic bike mods that would have accompanied fitting any kit (retaining combi shifters with hydraulic cutoff, BB-mounted chainguard all shaved to fit, modified lighting mounts etc). to make the final bike have the stuff I wanted.

Last edited:

Advertisers