cycle 2 work w/ Halfords

oznog

Pedelecer
Jul 22, 2007
Cumbria
Hello there,
My partner has been eyeing my new giant ebike for a couple weeks and noticed that his work (LSC) has a cycle to work scheme. Unfortunately its with halfords and they don't seem to carry electric bikes. He is quite keen on the Wisper905. Have you worked w/ Halfords cycle2work scheme before? the only thing they are offering is the Knight Rider2 at over £1000, I'm told on this forum that it is the same as the 905e?
Any help appreciated!

Jimblob

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2007
We can supply this bike as we are the designated supplier under Halford's scheme.

Electric Bike Sales - Home

I suggest the Wisper Works 905SE - this is much better than the old 905e and outstrips the competition (what competition?!!)

Come to us and I will make sure you are given gold star treatment, top service and THE BEST electric bike money can buy at the current time.

Jamie

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Hello there,
My partner has been eyeing my new giant ebike for a couple weeks and noticed that his work (LSC) has a cycle to work scheme. Unfortunately its with halfords and they don't seem to carry electric bikes. He is quite keen on the Wisper905. Have you worked w/ Halfords cycle2work scheme before? the only thing they are offering is the Knight Rider2 at over £1000, I'm told on this forum that it is the same as the 905e?
Any help appreciated!
We have also sold a number of electric bikes under the scheme through Halfords, including Livs, Torqs and F-series bikes. Despite claims to the contrary, there is no exclusive deal between Halfords and any one electric bike supplier. And despite early claims to the contrary from Wisper, the Knight Rider is the same bike, so the Knight Rider 2 = Wisper 905se as far as I know.

I tried the 905se out last month and quite liked the new console but it didn't seem that different to the original model I tried last year, not on the surface anyway. What are the differences?

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Ahem! From the entrance to this section:

Wisper Bikes Clinic

Questions specifically directed to David/Doug from Wisper Bikes.

(Wisper have in fact responded to the original thread entry via direct contact at the time, so have satisfied the inquirer)

Last edited:

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Ahem! From the entrance to this section:

Wisper Bikes Clinic

Questions specifically directed to David/Doug from Wisper Bikes.

(Wisper have in fact responded to the original thread entry via direct contact at the time, so have satisfied the inquirer)
Sorry about that, just saw the Halfords thread title and posted before realising it was a Wisper-specific section. It's an important point though - electricbikesales claim on their website that they have an exclusive arrangement with Halfords to supply electric bikes to the exclusion of all others. They do not.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I agree Tim, it is an important point, and my reminder was even more directed at Electric Bike Sales for starting the section misuse, made worse by inappropriate sales promotion, which subsequently misled you.

Last edited:

frank9755

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 19, 2007
London
I suspect both Jamie and Tim are right. My firm runs a Cyclescheme using Halfords. I believe there is an arrangement with Jamie's company to be their supplier of electric bikes, however, as Tim's evidence proves, this arrangement is broken from time to time, probably when they have a specific request for an Ezee bike.

This is not unusual with large companies where there are many decision makers!

Frank

Steve

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 28, 2007
I was tied to the cycle to work scheme and my employer linked the Ediburgh cycles co-operative..... and I tried very hard to get edinburgh bicycles to link up with wisper.. in fact Edinburgh kept saying that wisper couldn't do a deal and wisper kept saying to me they wanted to. In fact Doug at wisper even told me the % they were offering Edinburgh.... when Edinburgh was telling me something else.. all very strange.

The upshot was that all Edinburgh would let me buy was the giant suede. I test rode it and it was more like a heavyish moped than I bike I would enjoy riding.... so I didn't buy it... the chain came off on the test ride too...

In the end bought a second hand wisper privately after a few weeks of looking at really poor e-bikes being sold on e-bay.
I am now happy ot have a decent e-bike.... and thanks to all for advice etc.

Steve

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Cycle to work

The scheme is complicated, and Halfords tend to make it even more so. Wisper bikes have been sold through the scheme and through Halfords, but know one to my knowledge has exclusivity.

Best regards David

Advertisers