Cycling at 0C and below

Charliefox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2015
Culloden Moor Inverness
I am amazed at how well knobbly tyres grip on the refrozen tracks in the woods near my house. The previous day I was sliding around on foot with 2 walking poles. As long as I hear that crackle under the tyres I know the bike will stay upright! What doesn't work though are the mileometers. I see the specification says from 0C to 55C so that is the reason I suppose as my bike shed has been around freezing and below for weeks now. I just hope rising temperatures sort that problem out. I find that only leather, padded, mitts keep my hands warm enough at these temperatures.

Reactions: gsm.terra

Charliefox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2015
Culloden Moor Inverness
More on the mileometers. I sent away for 2 more wireless ones at £26 for 2, same make as before. Arrived from China inside 3 weeks. I found out that it was the wireless senders on the forks that were no longer sending a signal to the computer unit despite having new batteries inside. So I carried on using the original top units with the new senders as the signal is the same frequency. Saves the bother of having to program the new ones. I see a time when there will be 4 units and no working senders if they pack up in the cold weather. No chance of getting inside one to find out why they stopped and nowhere to buy a bag of senders on their own! What I need is someone who has duff units but working senders, then we can swop.

Related Articles

Advertisers