Cytronex Bike for sale

atti

Just Joined
Jul 25, 2014
hello i am new to this forum but wanted to let you know that i am selling my husbands cytronex bike. it is 1 year old Cannondale super 6 ultegra electric bike and we also bought a spare charger for it. it is covered and kept in our kitchen as he has not had time to use it since purchase last year. it is belmish free and still in new condition. We also have original receipt etc of purchase. please feel free to email me if you are interested on funke.chick@hotmail.co.uk.

I will obtain all the specs and put them up tomorrow as am at work at the moment. The price for this new is £4450, for the drop handle bar cannondale which is custom made. We are looking for £2000 ono as only used once.

Attachments

Last edited:

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Unfortunately, I need to get rid of some bikes rather than add to my fleet; otherwise, I'd be very tempted depending on the price.

These Super 6 Cannondales are only about 12.something Kgs including the battery, which is about 4Kgs less than mine and that feels light as a feather compared to my other ebikes.

If the price is right, any readers who consider themselves 'proper' cyclists, just needing a little help on some hills or into strong winds, could pick up a terrific bike at a bargain price. How much new? You'd need to ask Mark Searles at Cytronex for an up-to-date price but even without electrics, these are expensive bikes.

I hope you achieve a good price Atti although you may have to look further afield than this forum.

Tom

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
Can you post up some more details like size, spec etc. ? Would help people work out if it's something which fits their parameters.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
There seems to be a number of variations on a theme where the Super Six is concerned and it's difficult to get a fix on the price as anyone checking out the major UK bike shops will discover.

I have seen these for under 2K but also north of 3K and that's for the manual version! I would expect Cytronex would add upwards of another grand for their kit attached so I guess the reason the model is listed on their Cytronex website as POA is because the customer's specific choice of detailed spec could vary the price considerably.

Here's an example of one London dealer's listings: http://www.swiftcycles.co.uk/cannondale

The other trading name Cytronex goes by, 'No Hills' describes prices for a number of different models but I don't think that website is up-to-date. This may be the page from which Croxden pulled the price he drew attention to:

http://www.no-hills.com/electric_bike_shop/prodtype.asp?CAT_ID=19

Even more eye-watering is this one from that page: http://www.no-hills.com/electric_bike_shop/product.asp?strParents=0&CAT_ID=19&P_ID=592

Also, I note from page 2 of Swift Cycles' advert that we can pay 7 grand for the top-end bikes in that range!

However, as Alex has said, a little more detail from the OP could be beneficial in case there is a potential purchaser in our midst.

Tom

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
No, anything "lightweight" with anything like a name and a decent spec comes in at bonkers prices. Been trying to find a decent non-electric CX bike with hydraulic discs for less than £2k and failing miserably.

A nice one with SRAM Red is nearly £4k even weighing in at 9kg. I saw one on e-bay from Luxembourg in my size knocked down to just over £2k and nice as the package is, I don't like white frames for 'getting dirty with' and can't help thinking even at 45% off it's £500 more than I reckon it's worth to me. That's before you think about a cytronex mod. It just doesn't get any cheaper and 2nd hand market is woefully small in UK for mods. Cost per mile can wind up more than your motor !

atti

Just Joined
Jul 25, 2014
hello more photos as promised. cant remember if i said we have two chargers for it. one for home and one for the office. will list this on ebay

Attachments

atti

Just Joined
Jul 25, 2014
frame is 56cm. model is cannondale. has 20 gears. Black in colour, has shimano 105 breaks. Aluminium frame.

Ebay listing number for anyone interested is:

Last edited:

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
frame is 56cm. model is cannondale. has 20 gears. Black in colour, has shimano 105 breaks. Aluminium frame.

Ebay listing number for anyone interested is:
Up to you, but that main pic is doing the bike no favours.

It's facing the wrong way.

The saddle cover is dreadful - get rid of it and raise the saddle a few inches.

The farmyard background suggests dirt, muck, smells etc.

Take the pic on the lawn/driveway with a neutral but picturesque background to suggest long rides in agreeable scenery.

Reactions: tillson

Kenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2007
West of Scotland
Nice bike, but it's not a particularly high end model.

It's £2295 brand new on the No Hills website so not much of a bargain IMHO.

Last edited:

halfer

Esteemed Pedelecer
(I will flag this post to see if it can be moved to the Classifieds section).

Reactions: denwyn

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nice bike, but it's not a particularly high end model.

It's £2295 brand new on the No Hills website so not not much of a bargain IMHO.
Are you sure you were looking at a SuperSix Ultegra Kenny? The only bike I could see with that price tag on their website was a Caad 10 model which is a step or two down in spec from the SuperSix.

While I'm re-visiting this thread, I think some readers may have missed the point with this model. In top-end spec, it comes in at 12.7 Kgs including all the electrics. At that weight, lots of moderately fit cyclists could ride one of these machines at a fair old lick without power. If power is used judiciously, switched on only for hills and/or headwinds, one of these will last quite a few miles and even if the juice runs out, I'm sure most of us could propel such a light machine back home without too much difficulty.

Even slightly-built people can lift one of these machines on to a car's roof so we are talking about a different kind of EAPC from the usual suspects we read about in these pages.

Tom

Kenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2007
West of Scotland
This is a bit misleading.

In the first post it is advertised as a SuperSix
but the sellers picture in post 8 is definitely the Caad 10

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
This is a bit misleading.

In the first post it is advertised as a SuperSix
but the sellers picture in post 8 is definitely the Caad 10
Well spotted Kenny! I only looked at those pics very briefly but that is, as you rightly say, a Caad 10 frame and those are a lot more affordable than the SuperSix flavour from Cannondale.

Perhaps the OP can explain but it's beginning to seem a little, what shall I say?....Mysterious?

Tom

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
The bike is a CAAD10, you can see the welds on the tubes and the words Cannondale Advanced Aluminium Design on the seat stay.

The 2014 model with part 105 groupset is about £1,300.

http://www.sigmasport.co.uk/item/Cannondale/CAAD10-105-Road-Bike-2014/2PIS?gclid=CMT4sd2l5r8CFWvlwgoddxEA_g

The OP paid £4,400 for it electrifed from Cytronex 'a year ago', according to post one of this thread.

The ebay listing has it as 2011, which may be more likely.

Either way something doesn't add up, unless Cytronex are able to charge £3,000 for their weedy kit.

Croxden's link in post 4 showing the electrified bike as £2,745 new looks about right, even though the seller describes that one as a Super Six Evo.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Yes, there's a bit of mis-selling going on, accidental or deliberate I'm not sure, but the bike pictures supplied by the seller clearly illustrate a Caad model while the link provided on the ebay listing directs one to a SuperSix, a completely different beast.

I'm surprised Rob that you describe the Cytronex kit as 'weedy'. Perhaps you haven't ridden one but both the Caad series bikes and the SuperSix range are incredibly fast across the ground and Cannondales generally have great geometry, allied to a decent ride for those models without a suspension fork.

Tom