De-restrict Daimler Mercedes Smart e-bike

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Does anyone have any experience of de-restricting a Smart bike with a Bionx motor it's a heavy bike and it really spoils the experience with the power cutting in and out at the limit.

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Reading further there has been a lot of changes to the software that controls the motor and that combination no longer works. There are a couple of plug in programmers that look promising but are expensive £150 ish from ProChip but the listing is in German I have emailed them to enquire which is the correct unit but got no reply.

Have you or anyone on the forum any experience of ProChip?

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Seen that one and I also emailed them asking for confirmation that it would work with the Smart bike but I'm still waiting for a reply. Again has anybody got experience of the Jum-Ped for Bionx?

I bought the bike for a bit of fun and mainly because it was cheap. I thought my wife could use it for the occasional ride out so I have been out testing it out but found once you reach the limit it's like you've thrown the anchor out. It seems to have plenty of power but that keeps at the limit so your fighting the limit the whole time your riding and I spent more time looking at the speedo to keep below the limit than watching the road.

D

Deleted member 4366

The problem with the Bionx is that everthing is inside the motor and the wheel has to be unspoked before the hub can be split to get at anything. That more or less rules out any hardware hacks.

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Seems like this is "The only game in town" so bitten the bullet and ordered it. Hope it works. Screenshot_2016-10-06-20-55-41.png

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it will do it but limited to 40kph on those bikes. there is no other option.

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
40kph would be fine 'cos I reckon you will spin out at round about that speed.
However the listing seem to claim a 70kph max.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
D

Deleted member 4366

You should be able to get some money back by renting it out at £20 a time.

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Where's Smartebiker when you want him?

:D. :D
That's what I was wondering, I thought we might be able to go out on our Designer Daimler Mercedes Smart e-bikes together then become pals and get and invite onto the yacht and spend a bit of time riding round the South of France.

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
20161012_124925.jpg
The ProChip dongle arrived in this mornings post I read the instructions and apprehensively plugged it in. Eureka! Everything went as it should then I went for a ride and can report the bike is transformed and now a pleasure to ride. However I am still smarting a bit from the cost and now could do with a smaller 20 tooth rear sprocket. Anybody got one?

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Is there enough adjustment to keep the toothed belt taut? They can't run even slightly slack.
Yeah.. Mercedes Smart list it as an option and there is enough adjustment on the rear dropouts..I Haven't checked the price with them yet but reasonable certain it will be rediculous.

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

richy2203

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 24, 2020
Hi, just purchased a smart ebike, did you find a 20 tooth sprocket? Also the pro chip mod, would you recommend ???
Thanks

richy2203

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 24, 2020
Just another question, did you find the smart phone app? have searched for ages with no luck..

Advertisers