Delimit Carrera Crossfire E

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
it's not that tough.
It is for me :)
So very similar....Ive test ridden the Oxygen and really liked it. The only thing going against the Rio at the moment is that Ive not sat on it. I should be moving house in a couple of weeks now, so not far away from having to make my mind up.
Hoping that reviews of the Rio MTB start flooding in by then :)

Rolling Sly Stone

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 30, 2017
Hertfordshire
All 3 of my ebikes can be 'marginally' de-restricted. I didn't know about that at the time of buying the first one. Consequently, I never made that mistake with the other two. There are good bikes that de-restrict for less money than a Carrera. A few of them are being sold on here.
Which bikes are you referring to exactly? I've now all but given up on the idea of cycle2work via Halfords as none of their bikes seem to be possible to derestrict. I'm currently awaiting some further info regarding the Cyclotricity Stealth range as they have the dual power modes so can be restricted/derestricted 'on the fly'. My budget is around the £1k mark but it's a shame as I could save 32% if I got the bike through Halfords. I am actually awaiting a call back from e-bikesdirect.co.uk as they do sell via Halfords online but they don't have the Stealth range on there. I'm hoping they will be able to process an order for one through Halfords so that I can use my cycle2work discount!

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
Which bikes are you referring to exactly? I've now all but given up on the idea of cycle2work via Halfords as none of their bikes seem to be possible to derestrict. I'm currently awaiting some further info regarding the Cyclotricity Stealth range as they have the dual power modes so can be restricted/derestricted 'on the fly'. My budget is around the £1k mark but it's a shame as I could save 32% if I got the bike through Halfords. I am actually awaiting a call back from e-bikesdirect.co.uk as they do sell via Halfords online but they don't have the Stealth range on there. I'm hoping they will be able to process an order for one through Halfords so that I can use my cycle2work discount!
The stealth isnt quite "on the fly" but not far off.
You need to power off the bike between changing modes.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Which bikes are you referring to exactly? I've now all but given up on the idea of cycle2work via Halfords as none of their bikes seem to be possible to derestrict.
I am looking for a commuter that can handle 14 miles each way. A bit of rolling with very little punctures would be fantastic. :)

Would you mind suggesting few please?
I don't own any of the bikes for sale here. So, I'm really not at liberty to do that. I'm not sure that anybody is. But maybe one or two of the bike sellers could recommend a bike that would likely fit your needs and budgets.

I'm just giving my own thoughts on them existing here, and elsewhere, and that 15.5 mph seems to soon get to be a bit too tame for most riders, after a while.

If it were me, I'd message those with 'Trade Member' under their avatar pic and speak with them for advice and guidance on your requirements. :)

The stealth isnt quite "on the fly" but not far off.
You need to power off the bike between changing modes.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I have read that manual.
the short answer is: you need another compatible LCD to derestrict the Carrera.

• Informative

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Dont really see the point, it will plummet battery life on an already small capacity battery
The obvious point is that some people want the option for faster, short, journeys. I generally do up to 10 miles around a country park with my 25 mph dog. Occasionally I choose to go at a faster speed for several reasons;-

1. To give my mutt a good run.

2. Just for the hell of it and a speedy thrill.

3. To overtake Carreras and Rio MTB's not tweaked up because they're under warranty. Obviously this will make them wish that they were tweaked to go faster. :)

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
The obvious point is that some people want the option for faster, short, journeys. I generally do up to 10 miles around a country park with my 25 mph dog. Occasionally I choose to go at a faster speed for several reasons;-

1. To give my mutt a good run.

2. Just for the hell of it and a speedy thrill.

3. To overtake Carreras and Rio MTB's not tweaked up because they're under warranty. Obviously this will make them wish that they were tweaked to go faster. :)
I guess if you only have 10 miles to go its fine, for longer trips it just rules them out

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
I guess if you only have 10 miles to go its fine, for longer trips it just rules them out
I don't have a carrera myself. But that guy that gave me a go on his crossfire-e reckons he can get 40-50 miles on a single charge.

On my bike it's set to max speed all the time. I don't need to use it at max speed setting all the time though. It's just there if needed. Often I just leave it on a low level of pedal assist. That way it can give you the best of both worlds. ;)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Range/ distance anxiety never has to be a worry if speed is needed.
Quite simply parallel in another pack, then go as fast as you like.

• Informative

Rolling Sly Stone

May 30, 2017
Hertfordshire
Whilst I appreciate that anything above the standard (legal) speeds will decrease battery life exponentially, I can't help but think that just an extra 3-4mph would be so beneficial for my commute and the overall feel of the ride.

I genuinely hope that someone comes up with an answer to get this out of the Crossfire-e.

• Agree

Damian.Doherty

Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2017
Derry, Ireland
I just want to add my 2 pence on the Cycle to Work scheme. Its worth noting that there is another scheme called Bike 2 Work.

http://www.bike2workscheme.co.uk/

Which opens up options for a lot more retailers! The Bike 2 Work Scheme has one major plus as you are not ,limited to £1000, you can add your own money to get a more expensive bike if you wish.

The Oxygen is £1449 for example, so the Bike 2 Work Scheme would cover the first £1000 and then you have to pony up the other £450

Cycle to Work doesn't allow you to do this!

I'm about the pull the trigger on the Greenway using this scheme!

• Useful

Rolling Sly Stone

May 30, 2017
Hertfordshire
Anyone know what this is? Got this screen up by holding '+' and 'info' buttons simultaneously (if my memory serves me correctly). One is from my bike, the other from my girlfriends.IMG_1496.JPG IMG_1497.JPG

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
This is the first time anyone has actually posted a pic or mentioned getting past the normal screen settings. Could be voltage or speed related but what is CABA & CABB ?
Is there any info on this in the manual ?
What happens once in this screen setting if you press any of the following on their own.
1. The + button.
2. The - button.
3. The info button.

redcup1999

Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2016
Bristol
My assumption was that this screen showed wheel size calibration. I could find no way to change this setting with any key combinations - it is not documented in the manual.

I managed to get a screen up saying "DAT CLR" though, which looks like it could put the bike back to factory setup (possibly an option to change wheelsize?) - I can't find any combination that will make it "OK" though.

If anyone wants to try - hold down info and walk assist for 10 seconds on the new style (non-animal) screen.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Has anyone tried + & - together for 10 or more secs ?.

Rolling Sly Stone

May 30, 2017
Hertfordshire
My assumption was that this screen showed wheel size calibration. I could find no way to change this setting with any key combinations - it is not documented in the manual.

I managed to get a screen up saying "DAT CLR" though, which looks like it could put the bike back to factory setup (possibly an option to change wheelsize?) - I can't find any combination that will make it "OK" though.

If anyone wants to try - hold down info and walk assist for 10 seconds on the new style (non-animal) screen.
I also can't seem to do anything with any other buttons/combinations from the CABB/CABA 28.0 screen.

The DAT CLR screen sounds promising though! I would assume the wheel size can only be set on the initial 'factory' set up. I read something to that effect in a 2014 Suntour HESC manual. If you search 'wheel size' on this link you will see what I'm referring to:-

http://www.srsuntour-cycling.com/fileadmin/user_upload/Downloads/Consumer/Bike/Owners manuals/2014/2014_OWNERS_MANUAL_ATS_ENG.pdf

I think there is definitely a way to get a few extra mph out of these bikes, even if just by reducing the wheel size in settings.

Advertisers