derny pace bikes

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I don't know, but there has to be at least two at the Olympics which will probably be going spare afterwards. Maybe they could be bought from LOCOG?

Ajax

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2008
Maybe its there by tradition, but the first time i saw that pace bike i thought the ebike community had missed an opportunity. Petrol engine, in an indoor arena doing so much to promote human power, why? Why not a cleaner ebike with set up to assist the rider to over 15mph?

Derny - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
This was raised the other day and attempts have been made. See this link and the thread it's in for the story.

Ajax

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2008
This was raised the other day and attempts have been made. See this link and the thread it's in for the story.
Its a shame that. They are making the connections between cycling and motor bikes, scooters, mopeds, when they could to better effect introduce this greener alternative to a lot of people who wont know it even exists. Too much like the future, i guess, for those with one foot in the past.

jasono

Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Maybe its there by tradition, but the first time i saw that pace bike i thought the ebike community had missed an opportunity. Petrol engine, in an indoor arena doing so much to promote human power, why? Why not a cleaner ebike with set up to assist the rider to over 15mph?

Derny - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I was thinking just the same - an ebike would fit the bill brilliantly

Advertisers