Diablo Storm Speed Unlock

Jul 24, 2023
Hey all, hope you are all well. I have a question and can't find anything on the internet that would help me, so I ask for help.

I am trying to push the limits in terms of speed on this bike. So far I have found out that the display is similar to a focan s2 which allowed me to push slightly past the default 25kmh limit but then i run into a new issue. Once I approach around 28kmh, I can see that the wattage which is given to the motor as shown on the display is slowly decreasing until 28 when the motor fully cuts out.

I'm still somewhat new to ebikes and dont really know what can even cause this issue. The model of my bike is the diablo storm.

By the way, I am not planning on driving at ridiculous speed on the roads. I simply want to push the limits which I will be doing on private property.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hey all, hope you are all well. I have a question and can't find anything on the internet that would help me, so I ask for help.

I am trying to push the limits in terms of speed on this bike. So far I have found out that the display is similar to a focan s2 which allowed me to push slightly past the default 25kmh limit but then i run into a new issue. Once I approach around 28kmh, I can see that the wattage which is given to the motor as shown on the display is slowly decreasing until 28 when the motor fully cuts out.

I'm still somewhat new to ebikes and dont really know what can even cause this issue. The model of my bike is the diablo storm.

By the way, I am not planning on driving at ridiculous speed on the roads. I simply want to push the limits which I will be doing on private property.
You need to understand how electric motors work. As soon as they start turning with or without power, they become generators. The faster they turn the more volts they generate. The voltagethey generate is opposite to the applied voltage so the generated volts start cancelling out the battery volts. When the motor gets to a certain speed, the generated volts are the same as the battery volts and the result is zero volts, so nothing pushing the motor to go faster. As you approach that maximum speed, the net volts are reducing, so the current and watts go down.

You can't change that, other than by getting a battery with more volts, and probably a higher voltage controller to go with it.