Help! disengaging and re-engaging

mikeconnect

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 3, 2020
Warrington , Cheshire
I'm throwing out an old question I posted more than a year ago in case some new ideas come to the fore.
Electric motor keeps disengaging after a few turns of the pedal. If you free wheel for a few seconds or switch the power off and on it re- engages. It's a voilamart 36 volt front wheel hub. It did have a wheel drop out couple of years ago which stopped the motor from working, buts now been fixed with the great help of some people here. It wasn't happening immediately after the repair. I've cleaned the magnetic contacts on the disc and I've readjusted the pedal sensor but it doesn't solve it. I checked all wiring for continuity in the process of repairing the motor. Guess it's a hard one to answer but I'm thinking how to open the controller and clean up everything inside I wonder whether it it had something happened to it when I had the wheel drop out. Any other thoughts our ideas would be appreciated

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I think you have to start with the PAS and check it a stand whilst rotating the cranks. Ensure the disc is 100% secure on the BB axle and it is even/parallel to the sensor during rotation.

mikeconnect

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 3, 2020
Warrington , Cheshire
I think you have to start with the PAS and check it a stand whilst rotating the cranks. Ensure the disc is 100% secure on the BB axle and it is even/parallel to the sensor during rotation.
Hello again Nealh, I have had bike upside down just turning pedal and it still does it . But I'll recheck the disc and sensor again thanks

mikeconnect

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 3, 2020
Warrington , Cheshire
Hello again Nealh, I have had bike upside down just turning pedal and it still does it . But I'll recheck the disc and sensor again thanks
Hello Nealh. Sometimes the obvious is overlooked by me. It is looks like it was loose screws retaining the battery connector pins in the battery holder. So far only tested in house upside down . But it's not cutting out . Too soon for me to road test after hospital . Fingers crossed

Reactions: Bonzo Banana

Advertisers