Do you own any other electric vehicles/equipment

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
My first electric vehicles, I had two at the same time, were an Austin Healey 3000 and a Mercedes 190SL. I still have them both and the Scalextric Set 65, with penalty chicane, that they came in (Christmas 1967).

Like most similar toys of this era, Hornby, Arfix, Subuteo the artwork on the box is fantastic.

Next came a Marklin (produced by the enemy in Germany) electric train set in 1969. The locomotives had AC motors and a third rail power pickup. Because you couldn't reverse them as easily as the DC powered Hornby models produced by the British they had a tiny gearbox activated by a solenoid to reverse the action of the wheels.

Scalextric, still remains one of mankinds greatest achievements though. Do you remember your first set?

Last edited:

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Scalextric, still remains one of mankinds greatest achievements though. Do you remember your first set?
I still have it, mind, the children thought it was theirs.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Is it light in weight or heavy, is it uncontrollable when it is switched on?

MS
Its light MS......but can still be rather uncontrollable at times......almost like it has a mind of its own, when all you want is for it to get the job done, I find its best then to just take its batteries out to teach it a lesson.......after its done the job of course :D

What do you find you use most for those little odd jobs around the home ?

Lynda :)

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Its light MS......but can still be rather uncontrollable at times......almost like it has a mind of its own, when all you want is for it to get the job done, I find its best then to just take its batteries out to teach it a lesson.......after its done the job of course :D

What do you find you use most for those little odd jobs around the home ?

Lynda :)
Lynda, now you've caught me off guard. I'm written-less

MS. xx

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
Being a boring old fart, I've just got a redundant caravan mover of the kind that hitches to the caravan ball-itch.
It pulls ok, but skids helplessly on the slightest slope :oops:

Having retired now though, I have an assortment of redundant kit driven by small, buzzy 2-stroke engines.....

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Yes, I was 55 when I got it!
edit to say this was a reply to tillson, do you remember scalextric.
I must work out how to use tapatalk!

Last edited:

Advertisers