Does the forum picture upload work?

Tubal

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 29, 2013
Cornwall
if so what's the trick to not getting errors on uploads

if not perhaps the options for trying it could be removed to save time trying it.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, it does work, I use it regularly. There are size limits so perhaps those you are trying to upload are too large?

If one is too large*, an exclamation mark shows just beyond the X at the right of the entered photo name.

*File size, kilobytes, not pixels.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

if not perhaps the options for trying it could be removed to save time trying it.
Don't waste your time with the picture hosting from this site. Even when you get them on, the quality's normally too bad to see anything anyway. The only time to use it is for pictures in your profile. If you want to show a picture in a normal post:
Go to www.photobucket.com;
Open a free account (spam free too);
Upload your photos there and organise them;
Click on any photo to display it;
On the right side you'll see a "links" box;
Click in the "img" one and it'll flash "copied"
Go to your Pedelecs post and paste the link, when some code will appea;
When you complete your post, it'll change to a full detail picture like this one of the (would have been) world championship winning Oxygen Emate Turbo. Use "Ctrl" + "+" to zoom in to see full detail in a photo taken with a mobile phone ;

Last edited by a moderator:

Tubal

Jul 29, 2013
Cornwall
Don't waste your time with the picture hosting from this site...
Thanks for that, I do have several accounts, photo bucket, flickr etc but usually try to keep it simple, so I'll try this site first if no good I'll do the other.

D

Deleted member 4366

I can't understand your logic. If you already have a Photobucket account, it takes seconds to post your picture. Using this site's hosting is a complete waste of time. It takes about three goes of re-sizing using other software before it finally accepts it, then you have to fart about linking it from one place to another, only to end up with a picture that's such poor quality that nobody can see what you want.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Dave's right, I do use this site's upload and link-to provisions as well since the pics I post using them are already web sized for my own websites.

But for good quality I just upload the pic to my website space and link to that, which is basically the same as using Photobucket and the like.

Tubal

Jul 29, 2013
Cornwall

OK, solved that.:)

not sure what the limit is but the pics I uploaded were just over 1Mb, which is sufficient.

couple of FYIs for admin.

1. when a successful upload occurs the screen is blank except for 'page not found' error message (chrome). This is confusing, giving the impression of a failed download
  2. I found the delete function, but it doesn't work
  3. In the gallery view large pictures are obscured by the ad dropdown (chrome and IE)

Last edited:

Advertisers