Dreaded crossfire cutout.

Michael Love

Pedelecer
Aug 26, 2018
So my crossfire's cutting out. Press the battery button and then the power button and it works for 10 seconds before cytting out again. This only started last week. New battery didnt make any difference. If this happens when I am pulling out of a junction and I get hit by a car, if I am still alive, suing Halfords will be my very next thing to do.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Sprog

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 23, 2017
Reading
It doesn't happy often to me but I take the battery off wait 30 secs put back in and that works for me. It might do it again but looks to happen in batches. Go weeks without it happening, then short batches. Hope that works for you

• Useful

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
If this happens when I am pulling out of a junction and I get hit by a car, if I am still alive, suing Halfords will be my very next thing to do.
Nope. You know the defective fault exists and it's you taking the risk in riding it. Not Halfrauds. They just sell you known junk. The choice to continue to use it, or return it to them is yours. If and when that car hits you, it'll be your risk alone. :oops:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The butt of the issue is the Bms in the battery, for what ever reason the software or programming is wrong. Might even be cheap fets that thermally cut out .

• Informative