Help! Drive problem

tleaf100

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 1, 2020
Carrera vengeance e spec 2021.
Battery fully charged, display stays lit, no jerks or drop outs like its a loose connection, problem is, start pedaling, motoer makes a thumpy rotating noise, but no drive, stop pedaling, try again, sometimes it will work, sometimes like it for weeks, others its fine for weeks.
Doesnt seem to make any difference what mode its set in ..
Any ideas ?

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Thoughts are with maybe wire breaks with the Hall effect sensors (assuming you have them of course!), or wiring problems with the PAS sensor, assuming you have one of these too!
best of luck
Andy

tleaf100

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 1, 2020
Vengeance e spec..
Im wondering if its doing any damage to itself, not engaging drive properly, as it sounds very clunky and rough when it doesnt work properly, it seems to make a little squeak noise, and off it goes, working fine.
Ive noticed that some of the wiring in the stuff box under the frame bottom has been badly compressed, connectors seem ok, im wondering if its knackered wiring causing the problem ?
There is a spare square connector in that mess in the stuff box, would that be for testing or is it power for lights etc ?.
My left leg is basically useless now, and i cant push too hard with right leg for hills etc, that pulls the shattered etc vertebrae in my lower spine out of line, so im going to have to rely on this bike for a long while, so any help gratefuly recieved...
These electric bikes are a heavy old lump to get on and off my narrow boat, especiall compared to my poor old abused klein bike..