E-bike Error 10 on the screen

Krawi

Just Joined
Oct 6, 2019
Hi, I have error 10 on my sw900 screen. My rear wheel was loose when I wanted to start driving. It dropped from frame, only a little, main connectors leading to LCD were disconnected. After putting wheel in right position and reconnected all plugs it is showing error 10. Controller is 2in1 in the wheel motor. How to find issue ?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Error 10 means the controller can't communicate with the LCD, so you must gave damaged one of the wires inside the cable, or you wiped out the controller or LCD when some wires shorted. Check that no pins in the connector got bent.

Reactions: Krawi

Krawi

Just Joined
Oct 6, 2019
Now do you know that it's the cable and not the controller in the hub?
Thanks for answer. I think that cable was pulled when wheel was loose. But I cannot check controller myself. It is inside hub. Do you know any service in UK which can fix it? I am from London area. Maybe you know which cable should I buy to replace and test it.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Motors with controllers in them, like this, are just bad news. You should avoid them at all costs.

I doubt that there is any shop that can fix it. I've never seen spares for one of them. You can't do any tests on it without disaasembling it. If you're not capable of disassembling it youself, I think that you'd probably be better off buying a Yose Power kit for about £200.

Ask whoever sold it to you if they can get spare parts for it.

Sorry for the bad news. I advise anybody to take advice from somebody that knows about this stuff before buying.

Last edited:

Thatsadz

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 29, 2020
Error 10 means the controller can't communicate with the LCD, so you must gave damaged one of the wires inside the cable, or you wiped out the controller or LCD when some wires shorted. Check that no pins in the connector got bent.
Hi I think I have shorted my wires, it’s complicated but basically I had cut the throttle cable into two ends, the battery was stkll connected and I got a spark. I think that’s when it had a short and now it gives me error 10 not showing the speed when throttling?

arcaoroggy

Dec 31, 2021
Hi, I've had a similar issue with error 10 with a fix here:

Essentially in your case you might have blown up the voltage regulator on the controller so if you get a chance to open the controller up you should see a 3 legged regulator so I'd suggest probing between a ground and the two sides of that regulator

Hi I think I have shorted my wires, it’s complicated but basically I had cut the throttle cable into two ends, the battery was stkll connected and I got a spark. I think that’s when it had a short and now it gives me error 10 not showing the speed when throttling?

aiden

Just Joined
Feb 28, 2022
hey guys i recently crashed my bike on to the sidewalk. it was not a bad crash just a small mild one. when i got back up i tried to pull the throttle and it didnt worked and i checked the screen and it said error 10. and i dont know whats happening. can anyone help me? the brand is firstlite ecotic please help!!

arcaoroggy

Dec 31, 2021
hey guys i recently crashed my bike on to the sidewalk. it was not a bad crash just a small mild one. when i got back up i tried to pull the throttle and it didnt worked and i checked the screen and it said error 10. and i dont know whats happening. can anyone help me? the brand is firstlite ecotic please help!!

When you power the bike on do you hear the small tick and other slightly electrical sounds? And do you remember hearing it before?

Also I would suggest trying to remove every component except the strictly necessary ones (battery, wheel and controller) to see if you still get the same error.

Essentially in my experience, the error is caused by the controller not being turned on by the display of there's an actual break in one of the screen communication lines

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Some more info needed bike/ system used ?
E10 can often mean comm's between display and controller interrupted so could be a damaged small wire somewhere between the two components or the connecting wiring.

anthony nesci

Just Joined
Mar 17, 2022
Hi, i have a 3000w ebike kit and have had it for 2 days and already have a error code, first i has error 7 and apparently that was the hall sensors, so i ordered honneywell sensors and fixed all the sensors, now it says error 8 and error 10, could someone help me, i’ve ordered a new lcd display screen and that’s not the problem, i was thinking maybe a new throttle would fix it? does anyone know how to fix, and it’s a sw900 lcd

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It's not an ebike kit, but a moped kit.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Depends what you mean by e-bike. It certainly isn't a kit to make a pedelec that can legally be ridden like a regular bike; I think it's legal definition is moped.
This needs registration, insurance, helmet etc for riding on road; and can't be ridden off road in a public place (such as cycle path, bridleway or canal path)

Reactions: Mike D Watson

anthony nesci

Just Joined
Mar 17, 2022
Depends what you mean by e-bike. It certainly isn't a kit to make a pedelec that can legally be ridden like a regular bike; I think it's legal definition is moped.
This needs registration, insurance, helmet etc for riding on road; and can't be ridden off road in a public place (such as cycle path, bridleway or canal path)
how’s it a moped if i have it on a bicycle frame, and what does this have to do with my problem and error codes? it says ebike conversion kit not moped conversion kit

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
how’s it a moped if i have it on a bicycle frame, and what does this have to do with my problem and error codes? it says ebike conversion kit not moped conversion kit
It doesn't have anything to do with the error codes; it was in response to your post just before mine. Yes, it's an electric bike. https://urbanebikes.com/collections/electric-motorbikes/products/tc-max-62mph-deposit is an electric bike too.

Being a 'moped' is a legal term to do with motor power and maximum assisted speed, not with frame style or even necessarily motor type. There is another legal term s-pedelec or speed-pedelec and all sorts of variant details. It may be your mike comes under that.

I'm afraid a lot of ebay ads are about as truthful as Russian or ex-US presidents. I don't think yours was untruthful, just somewhat incomplete about the legal details of the product.

anthony nesci

Just Joined
Mar 17, 2022
i
It doesn't have anything to do with the error codes; it was in response to your post just before mine. Yes, it's an electric bike. https://urbanebikes.com/collections/electric-motorbikes/products/tc-max-62mph-deposit is an electric bike too.

Being a 'moped' is a legal term to do with motor power and maximum assisted speed, not with frame style or even necessarily motor type. There is another legal term s-pedelec or speed-pedelec and all sorts of variant details. It may be your mike comes under that.

I'm afraid a lot of ebay ads are about as truthful as Russian or ex-US presidents. I don't think yours was untruthful, just somewhat incomplete about the legal details of the product.
[/QUOTE
i don’t think you realise that the mounts is clearly for a bike, i own the kit so i think i’d know, idk why your trying to talk about my kit being an ebike when i could get feedback and help on how to fix my problem instead of ranting about a so called “moped conversion kit”

Advertisers