E-Bike racing is pointless - Discuss

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
Thanks for the clarification.

Hi Django
I did not say a throttle is not attractive for younger fitter riders?
Previously you wrote:

Hi It is obvious the ezee bike with a throttle is for people that may not be able to ride a bike or impaired in someway and is definately aimed at the senior citizen sector.
One minute it is 'obvious', the next you didn't even say it. With respect, it might help your cause if you formulated a coherent position then stuck to it. I am pleased to see that you have now withdrawn to a more sensible view.

. . . . . our own market research tells us that in actual fact Pedelecs attract the younger market where as the Ezee throttle attracted the more elderly customer.
I suspect that the move to a younger market is a general movement for all types of electric bikes (Flecc gives some good reasons why) which happened to coincide with your change from eZee to Kalkhoff and from which you have falsely drawn the conclusion that Kalkhoffs appeal to younger riders more than throttle bikes. If, for the sake of argument, your average buyer age with eZee was 65 and with Kalkhoff it is now 45, at first sight your conclusion might make sense, but, as I wrote before, given that you no longer sell throttle bikes, it is not possible for you make a proper comparison particularly when you yourself have identified a clear shift in the market as a whole.

bode

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 14, 2008
Hertfordshire and Bath
I wrote:
These are strange PR tactics indeed, and hardly the way to win friends. I am not sure if I for one would ever want to deal with a company that displays such a "nah-nah-nah-nah" attitude, linked to a somewhat flexible approach to the facts.
Then I went on holiday. When I returned, I had received the following message:

50cycles

open and hones
Hi Bode

What I say is not a PR tactic but simply speaking my own mind based on cause and events, your are entitled to your own opinion, and you can interperate things as you like, but it is also my right to put across my point of view and sure you would be even more annoyed if I was tailor making every statement to suit your mind and perception. I would hope you would appreciate my honesty over a PR tactic.

Regards

Scott

Ho hum. It is obviously my fault, the way I totally misunderstood everything.