E-cycle info readout

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
When it comes to technical info regarding cycling I’m a complete newcomer, about all I can achieve is reading my watch! I’ve not cycled for about 50 years but am really looking forward to riding my new? BB Quartz folder and being able to see my achievement at having covered X miles, at moment I have an indoor exercise bike that (when I use it) have difficulty covering ONE mile, tell me I’m out of condition - well may be but with seven coronary stents and having had two heart attacks at 81 what more could I expect?

Like I said not knowing anything about these new fangled meters I’ve ordered a Bryton Rider 310E cycle ‘puter with gps that Should give me the info I’m looking for, this unit says the blurb ‘just clip on the bars and go’ is just the sort that I should be able to tackle without too much trouble.
When it comes to cycling I’m definately the fair weather sort these days........ Been there, worn the Tee shirt in my earlier days - a time when at 12yrs old I built my own bike from very second hand parts and ‘repaired’ tyres with insulating tape! - then wondered at their reliability - or lack of. But those were the days of learning and eventually achieving success.

Jim

Crossroads

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2017
Happy riding with your new E bike, Jim.

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
Thank you Crossroads, I can barely wait to get out there - just to see if I can bring new life into my legs and numb feet.

Jim

Crossroads

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2017
I've only had my E Bike 10 days and I've done over 70 miles.I've felt the benefit. You are going to love it, Jim, but take it easy at first and consider a helmet, hi Vis and flashing lights. The roads are a bit different for cyclists these days.

• Offensive Language
Reactions: Jimo

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
Crossroads, although I use my car almost daily and my m/c’s ocassionally the changing road situation with regard to cyclists does give cause for concern, We’ve got the flashing lights (bought one for wifeys bike) we both have the hi-vis and the helmets,
I worry though about the 4 wheel jokers that try to scare by passing too close - after all no pedal cycle is likely to win an argument with them. I’m so pleased that you are enjoying your e-bike and knocking up the miles. We need some kind of visible ‘shield’ around us I think.

Jim

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I have a spare fishing rod tip and am thinking about fixing a tungsten screw to the end and attaching it to my pannier rack... :rolleyes: I might even put a reflector disk on it :p