E-joring

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Nice one. :) Yes, it's a competitive sport that some take very seriously indeed. :eek:

They're breeding new types of dog just for the purpose of racing. 'Eurohounds', crosses of greyhound and German shorthaired pointers (GSP) called 'Greysters'. Big, ultra fast (greyhound traits), amazing strength and stamina from the GSP. They can go like huskies in warmer climes and don't need a fur coat because they're not staying out in the snow all night.

greysters.jpg

Me and Jet have been at this for over 2 years now, and have become quite the resource, I actually run a webpage of members that do this pastime. Here's one guy and his 2 Siberian huskies. :)

I don't need to really hook up my dog to the bike as he's a big brain type dog. Obedient, focused and clever. Basically, exactly what we bred sheepdogs for. Anyway, when you've only 6 foot of leash between you and the mutt it gets very scary at times. We free-run mostly. It's still great fun with not so much adrenaline. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Gaz

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
You

You seem to have quite a lot of forest there.
It's in the heart of Worcestershire, not too far from the vale of Evesham where they grow all the fruit. It's quite countrified hereabouts. Considering I work in the urban sprawl of Birmingham, I'm blessed with all the accessible green around here. I can't complain. :)

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
If you have a dog, these are a bargain. Cheap and effective. £4 from B&M, UK. USB charged, charging lead included. 3 hour charge time. Lasts for up to 6 hours on strobe mode. It's a solid plastic reflective hose that you just cut to fit your dog's neck size. Comes in a variety of colours. Recommended. :)

Reactions: Steve UKLSRA

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
you gotta up your game Mr Ping!
you got a rival

from ES...
Re: My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000
Post by kerim » Wed May 23, 2018 6:15 pm

I managed to shoot a little video with the AM-1000 last Sunday. My dog insisted to come with me so I am not going very fast but the dog ist actually quite fun to watch and really enjoys it. Do not expect anything fancy. It is just a relaxed ride in the park behind my house. I hope you like it despite my lack of any riding skills:

Cheers,

Kerim

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
you gotta up your game Mr Ping!

you got a rival
Loved it. Subscribed. It's the best walk a dog can get. :)

There's no shame in having the second best ebiking dog in the world. :p:D

Now that was brilliant, and easily the best clip that I seen for a very long time. I really loved that there was no music, and all that you could hear was the bike and the sounds of nature. Superb. :)

I play music as an alert to clear the roadkill out of the way. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: tommie

Related Articles

Advertisers