e-MTB vs XC - which is faster?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
dongle it he be gone lol, tho same as i find it down hill anyway cant flick it around and back on line its just to heavy.

might even have to get some spd pedals to help at least be able to lift the thing off the floor.

Justin767

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 22, 2016
Alresford
Well I have much more fun at trail parks on my Cube Stereo Hybrid than I do on my regular MTB.. I watched this video expecting the dedicated bike journos to shoot e-bikes down in flames. So the fact that they recognised their merits spoke volumes to me..
I've found that it took a few rides to modify my technique and get the most out of the bike..
Now I spend the same amount of time at the likes of Swinley Forest but rather than just doing the blue and the red then heading home with spent quads, I now lap the whole thing twice and go home having added a cerebral workout and with the whole of my body spent rather than just my quads!!
Or when at a more rugged venue like QE Park - after a particularly enjoyable section of descent I drop it onto the grannie cog and just pedal straight back up the fall-line and do the section again. (much to my mate's envy!!) :)
I've now convinced 3 riding mates to make the switch on the proviso that (having sold their regular bikes to fund it) we'll occasionally leave the batteries behind and pedal round manually.. Then, all being in the same boat, it wont matter that we're a few percent slower up the hills..
Though I know full well that they'll soon realise that it isn't 'cheating' having battery assist and that if you still put in your legwork it just allows you to cover twice the distance at twice the average speed - with all of the ride being fun, not just the downhill sections..

earthmover

Pedelecer
Aug 11, 2016
Cheshire
after a particularly enjoyable section of descent I drop it onto the grannie cog and just pedal straight back up the fall-line and do the section again. (much to my mate's envy!!) :)
- with all of the ride being fun, not just the downhill sections..
Me too! It also helps if there's a any bits of clearing needs doing, no one wants to stop halfway down, so I ride back up and do it.
Mark

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
The other day I tried going up a 45 degree wet grass hill, it was not easy but it worked well third try :) I think uphill is way more fun now with e-MTB vs pushbike, and I still get the same amount of training because I bike at least twice as much.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

trouty

Pedelecer
Nov 4, 2016
west yorkshire BD20
Well I have much more fun at trail parks on my Cube Stereo Hybrid than I do on my regular MTB.. I watched this video expecting the dedicated bike journos to shoot e-bikes down in flames. So the fact that they recognised their merits spoke volumes to me..
I've found that it took a few rides to modify my technique and get the most out of the bike..
Now I spend the same amount of time at the likes of Swinley Forest but rather than just doing the blue and the red then heading home with spent quads, I now lap the whole thing twice and go home having added a cerebral workout and with the whole of my body spent rather than just my quads!!
Or when at a more rugged venue like QE Park - after a particularly enjoyable section of descent I drop it onto the grannie cog and just pedal straight back up the fall-line and do the section again. (much to my mate's envy!!) :)
I've now convinced 3 riding mates to make the switch on the proviso that (having sold their regular bikes to fund it) we'll occasionally leave the batteries behind and pedal round manually.. Then, all being in the same boat, it wont matter that we're a few percent slower up the hills..
Though I know full well that they'll soon realise that it isn't 'cheating' having battery assist and that if you still put in your legwork it just allows you to cover twice the distance at twice the average speed - with all of the ride being fun, not just the downhill sections..
Hi Justin767
Which Cube Stereo did you get as I am looking at the cubes but the range is huge

Related Articles

Advertisers