Ebike charging at work options

SwampRodent

Pedelecer
Jun 19, 2019
There is a lot of variables involved to muddy the waters, if I'm fighting a 30 - 40mph head wind on the way into work the battery will be way under 50%, also due to the nature of the terrain for the homebound journey the roads up in the hills often get closed due to landslides, snow, flooding etc so the 14 mile journey can easily become 30 mile so riding 30Kg of dead ebike 800 feet up a pitch dark alpine road kind of looses some of the magic.
I definitely wouldn't leave a lithium battery on an unattended charge without a timer no no no.

Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
There is a lot of variables involved to muddy the waters, if I'm fighting a 30 - 40mph head wind on the way into work the battery will be way under 50%, also due to the nature of the terrain for the homebound journey the roads up in the hills often get closed due to landslides, snow, flooding etc so the 14 mile journey can easily become 30 mile so riding 30Kg of dead ebike 800 feet up a pitch dark alpine road kind of looses some of the magic.
I definitely wouldn't leave a lithium battery on an unattended charge without a timer no no no.
I certainly wouldn't leave an ebike battery charging, timer or no, while I'm sleeping.

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021

SwampRodent

Pedelecer
Jun 19, 2019
Its kind of the same bike, its a bit like triggers broom every thing has been replaced even the frame when the original cracked. I'm on the 3rd battery, the 1st was a cheap ebay battery that eventually failed after about 5000 miles, the second I build my self which did about 20,000 and was still going strong but got pensioned off and fitted to my AWD snow bike, the current battery is another home made unit.

Another reason for charging at work is that the evening charge is finished by bed time so no charging takes place when I'm asleep.

Reactions: guerney