Ebike grin factor 10

Footie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 16, 2007
Cornwall. PL27
Just been up to Tesco’s and had an experience that made me laugh.
Our Tesco’s is close to a busy road junction that has seen numerous accidents and at lease one fatality. Public pressure has forced (the powers that be) to change the dangerous “T” junction into a big round about. The work started this week.
I have two routes I can take to Tesco’s; one through the town (slow traffic, long steep hills) the other is along the by-pass (fast traffic, headwinds, long steep-ish hills). Today I decided to go the by-pass way. Well nearing the junction the traffic was flying by (60mph+) and 4x4's and large vans getting as close as they could without knocking me off. Having speeded my way to the junction (8mph-10mph) they were all lined up waiting for the lights to change from red (I could see the cagers as I passed tapping their steering wheels with the joy of waiting).
I simply went down the verge (first bit of off roading) across the grass and onto the other road. And as I cycled away looking over my shoulder I could see them still waiting and receding into the distance – what a laugh :D

Advertisers