ebike problem

tushingham2

Pedelecer
May 9, 2020
I have an ebike problem 20 years ago Powabyke shopper problem being electrical, i twist the throttle it takes off quite normal for about 200 yards then twist the throttle and takes off again it’s not a loose connection or at least i don’t seem to find one.
I have done some elimination replaced the battery and soldered connections
replacement front motor wheel and still have the problem. Due to age of it i have no access to parts in my workshop. Any suggestions?
i would like to eliminate the throttle

I pedal few yards power kicks in with throttle on and okay for about 200 yards and then loose power if i repeat that same happens.
I will ride it again this morning and see if i can explain better

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Can you explain more clearly? You're saying that every time you open the throttle, the bike goes, but isn't it supposed to do that?

tushingham2

Pedelecer
May 9, 2020
Can you explain more clearly? You're saying that every time you open the throttle, the bike goes, but isn't it supposed to do that?
Hi Yes you’re right, I pedal few yards power kicks in with throttle on and okay for about 200 yards and loose power if i repeat that same happens.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi Yes you’re right, I pedal few yards power kicks in with throttle on and okay for about 200 yards and loose power if i repeat that same happens.
I think that's normal. Was it different before? You must turn the pedals to keep the throttle operating. That's the law as it stands today.

Michael Price

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2018
If it happens again - try timing the amount of time that it stays on

If it is the same every time then it points to something deliberate - if it is randomish - just around the same sort of thing - then I would suspect something triggering an overheating condition?

Advertisers