ebike shop takes the pi$$ This product is restricted to 'Our bike customers'.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

to be a ebike shop customer you must have bought a bike from them as wont sell any or most parts on there site unless you are a customer!

now complete bikes like wtf! if your not in the ebike shop gang you not going to get one.

my bike was bought buy a bike shop and then sold to a customer up north, i bought it 2nd hand with all receipts and i cant buy anything as 2nd hand and thus not a customer of ebike shop.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
During the first lockdown, my local bike shop wouldn't help me remove a stuck bottom bracket - said they were too busy with their regular customers.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
ebike shop wont service any bike unless it was bought from them, but tbh most lbs wont touch a diy ebike anyway.

like it or not he is the biggest ebike importer and fits dongles with warranty he has a strangle hold over every other ebike dealer every 2022 bike is pre order for there customers only.

so buy from me or not going to get one so get the wife a ebike and then can pre order what you want lol

martin is so nice if you buy a bike and dare take it out the box and sit on it and dare send it back he only gives you a 60% refund as now classed as 2nd hand in breach of trading standards.

and it is still there lol.

Please note that if you wish to exercise your right to return goods under these provisions items must be NEW and UNUSED in order to receive a full refund. The retail sales value of a used item is generally 60% of the new and unused value. THIS APPLIES EVEN IF A BIKE HAS BEEN RIDDEN ONLY ONCE. Please therefore ensure that the item has not been used at all unless you are likely to receive only 60% of what you paid for it when new. Please USE A BOX and proper packing materials. Items damaged due to careless packaging will not be refunded. Sales of items specially ordered, including specially ordered sizes, or customised to customers requirements are final & may not be returned.

Last edited:

BazP

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2017
Sheffield
ebike shop wont service any bike unless it was bought from them, but tbh most lbs wont touch a diy ebike anyway.

like it or not he is the biggest ebike importer and fits dongles with warranty he has a strangle hold over every other ebike dealer every 2022 bike is pre order for there customers only.

so buy from me or not going to get one so get the wife a ebike and then can pre order what you want lol

martin is so nice if you buy a bike and dare take it out the box and sit on it and dare send it back he only gives you a 60% refund as now classed as 2nd hand in breach of trading standards.

and it is still there lol.

Please note that if you wish to exercise your right to return goods under these provisions items must be NEW and UNUSED in order to receive a full refund. The retail sales value of a used item is generally 60% of the new and unused value. THIS APPLIES EVEN IF A BIKE HAS BEEN RIDDEN ONLY ONCE. Please therefore ensure that the item has not been used at all unless you are likely to receive only 60% of what you paid for it when new. Please USE A BOX and proper packing materials. Items damaged due to careless packaging will not be refunded. Sales of items specially ordered, including specially ordered sizes, or customised to customers requirements are final & may not be returned.

I didn't Think that he had to take the bike back at all unless you bought it online and it was within 14 days, unless there was something wrong with it.
I run a business and buy parts to keep my customers running, I don’t have to sell them to other people.
I know nothing about Ebike shop, just saying.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
he bought it online took it out the box and decided it was the wrong frame size and sent it straight back only to be told it was now used and only worth 60% of what he paid.

lucky he paid with a credit card so got all his money back but imo others have not been so lucky with there so called terms and conditions of sale and contract.

he does sell the bikes at a discount mind like 1-2% off martin likes his money and dont want to give it back like getting blood from a stone :rolleyes:

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
Bought my 2015 Haibike from Martin / E-Bikeshop and he used to be on this forum a lot I recall at that time until getting blasted by competitors or interested parties about the Dongle. Martin spent hours emailing responses to all my questions (and I ask sooo many questions unfortunately).

Fast forward to spring / summer 2021 and I’m back to e-bikeshop (based on previous satisfied customer mode) and looking for a new Haibike Trekking…. Bit disappointed and wary initially as Martin did not respond directly as in the past but the business progressed / grown since then so there are other staff who responded.

I have had similar experience to 2015 and with patient and detailed email responses (npot many businesses would bother) as I ask additional questions, tweak and add bits and bobs.

So - here’s hoping all goes well with packaging and arrival - but as others have mentioned there are rules anyhow.

I do understand their view about providing parts to existing customers. They were doing that even before the Covid ‘rush’ I think and make it obvious on their website.

Just my side… (for now! :) )

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
he limited sales of most parts from the start so nothing has changed there but now restricting pre orders of new bikes to there bike customers only.

so your ok on that one and will replace the motors if they have a problem with the dongle fitted but no other dealers are allowed to do this and thus drives up his sales.

and it is not like bosch dont know about it either. :rolleyes: