Eeze 7 Sprint. Battery Life

mcadavies

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 14, 2007
Bradford-on-avon. Wilts
Eeze Sprint 7 purchased about Feb 2007 from 50 cycles
Lion Battery failed about March 2008
Small claims court got £255 refund in Jan 2009.
Purchased new battery from Cyclepont about Aug 2008 - £239
Useage 12 mile round trips once or twice a week - probably averaging once per week.
Two days ago thought I had charged the battery - set out battery did not last the 6 mile outward trip!
Now permanent Red light even on charge. Battery fuse seems OK - if I remove it red light goes out.
Charger producing 47.7 volts - initially yellow light but turns green within a minute - bike battery light still red!
Any advice from you experts?
Michael

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Sounds like the charger is at fault Michael. Although a widely used charger which is normally very reliable, just a few of them have suffered failures like this where they refuse to charge.

However, first check this out. Switch off and fully unplug the charger from the mains and the battery. Leave it for 10 minutes or so, then switch it on, then finally plug it into the battery and see if that unlocks it's charging.

Also check the security of the small cross head screw fastening the XLR charging plug body. These can work loose and cause shorts from the body to the connections.

If all this fails, post again in the main forum saying where you are and asking if any eZee owner is near enough for you to check your battery on their charger.

Finally, these batteries do age whether used or not and two years is a common life for them, so it's just possible that it's failed, though I don't think so on this occasion.

Last edited:

mcadavies

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 14, 2007
Bradford-on-avon. Wilts
Sounds like the charger is at fault Michael. Although a widely used charger which is normally very reliable, just a few of them have suffered failures like this where they refuse to charge.

However, first check this out. Switch off and fully unplug the charger from the mains and the battery. Leave it for 10 minutes or so, then switch it on, then finally plug it into the battery and see if that unlocks it's charging.

Also check the security of the small cross head screw fastening the XLR charging plug body. These can work loose and cause shorts from the body to the connections.

If all this fails, post again in the main forum saying where you are and asking if any eZee owner is near enough for you to check your battery on their charger.

Finally, these batteries do age whether used or not and two years is a common life for them, so it's just possible that it's failed, though I don't think so on this occasion.
Thanks Flecc I did that but no change. I had the charging plug in without its metal case.
Measured 47.8 v across bare plugged in input terminals. Charger light - green; bike battery light - red.
I certainly have not had 2 years good useage!
Will post in main forum as you suggest
Thanks again!
Michael

Advertisers