Electric Cars 2020

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Someone introduced as an expert on pure electric cars on a radio programme the other day said there was hardly any choice and they couldn't see that changing for five years or so. It struck me then that this lack of knowledge of the market was probably widespread, given that there's no ready source of all the pure electric models on the UK market.

There are lists which include hybrids which have many types, but they are mostly not illustrated and mixing the two types isn't helpful since they don't compare.

So I knocked up a web page of the pure electric models on the market and about to be launched this year. It doesn't include every one since there's duplication with some sold under more then one brand name, and it includes the odd one or two which might not appear until into 2021

I think many of you might be surprised by those you didn't know existed, here's the link:

Electric Cars 2020

Some of the photos aren't the best since they haven't all been announced. Also the details linked to their names are from various sources for the same reason, so not consistent in appearance.

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I was aware of by far the majority - a few I definitely didn't know.

But, so far, I have only actually (knowingly) seen a handful - Leaf, Zoe, Tesla (not certain which model(s)), maybe a couple fo others.

I think you missed the
MeV BeeAnywhere

This site has been quite useful when looking around - and has a number of reviews.
https://www.greencarguide.co.uk/

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I was aware of by far the majority - a few I definitely didn't know.

But, so far, I have only actually (knowingly) seen a handful - Leaf, Zoe, Tesla (not certain which model(s)), maybe a couple fo others.

I think you missed the
View attachment 34282
MeV BeeAnywhere

This site has been quite useful when looking around - and has a number of reviews.
https://www.greencarguide.co.uk/
Thanks, I do read a number of links like greenguide., driving electric etc,. but haven't gone through them all in knocking this up. Far too many that appear don't make it in the market and I only wanted what was definitely going to be available.

I've missed a number of the smallest ones, concentrating on the main market types that our sort of drivers in the UK like. France has a quite a few of the very small ones, but I didn't want to have too many so just included a couple of the quadricycle type, the Citroen Ami and the Renault Twizy.

Last edited:

calebb

Banned
May 30, 2020
all these electric cars look interesting but I'm still afraid of using it... I prefer ordinary vehicles.... just a few weeks ago I checked the review of audi q3 right there and I guess that I will buy that model next week. I just wanted to ask your opinion about it. probably you know something?? thanks

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Thanks, I do read a number of links like greenguide., driving electric etc,. but haven't gone through them all in knocking this up. Far too many that appear don't make it in the market and I only wanted what was definitely going to be available.

I've missed a number of the smallest ones, concentrating on the main market types that our sort of drivers in the UK like. France has a quite a few of the very small ones, but I didn't want to have too many so just included a couple of the quadricycle type, the Citroen Ami and the Renault Twizy.
Thanks Flecc,
Interesting how most have a 'radiator grille'

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Someone introduced as an expert on pure electric cars on a radio programme the other day said there was hardly any choice and they couldn't see that changing for five years or so. It struck me then that this lack of knowledge of the market was probably widespread, given that there's no ready source of all the pure electric models on the UK market.

There are lists which include hybrids which have many types, but they are mostly not illustrated and mixing the two types isn't helpful since they don't compare.

So I knocked up a web page of the pure electric models on the market and about to be launched this year. It doesn't include every one since there's duplication with some sold under more then one brand name, and it includes the odd one or two which might not appear until into 2021

I think many of you might be surprised by those you didn't know existed, here's the link:

Electric Cars 2020

Some of the photos aren't the best since they haven't all been announced. Also the details linked to their names are from various sources for the same reason, so not consistent in appearance.
citroen ami urban does it for me - a twizy with doors for 6000 euros!

Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Green Number Plates for Electric Cars

The UK Government has confirmed that green number plates are set to be rolled out from autumn as part of a wider plan to promote low emission transport and drive a green economic recovery following the economic impacts of covid-19.

This matches similar measures in other countries.

Information link

Advertisers