eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Lovely sunny Autumnal 16 mile ride to work this morning. The idea had been to take a number of pictures but my wonderful daughter had worn out the batteries in the digital camera without replacing them so this was the only one I was able to take and may have ended up on the directors cutting room floor if I had more pictures to choose from.
Ride to work Oct 18 field of sheep 001.JPG I will ride into work again tomorrow, so fingers crossed that the fantastic weather remains. The following day I am having a minor (sincerely hope so) operation and will be unable to ride for a while, but will get back to it as soon as I am able. It will probably coincide with some proper wet dark and cold winter weather to encourage me back. Mileage has now crept up to 10,166 miles.

Oh I bumped into a acquaintance at work who I have ridden with on non assisted mountain bikes and he has just bitten the bullet and bought a high up the range full suspension CX Bosch powered Trek with oversize tyres and said that the bike is wearing him out as he is riding more than ever before and travelling further.

I remember him being a bit skeptical when I told him that I was getting plenty of exercise on my torque sensor crank drive bike using eco, and now he understands what I meant!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Reactions: EddiePJ

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Well today was my first ride out on my crank drive hardtail haibike since my operation and it was lovely to be out in the fresh air. Probably like many families we shop at several supermarkets buying the the things we like best from each and we were running out of a few items we get from the Lidl so a round trip ride to the Lidl in Farnham gave me my excuse for this ride.
Ercuperation Ride 10th November 2018 001.JPG
The weather was fabulous at the start!
Ercuperation Ride 10th November 2018 002.JPG
Lots of leaves on the tracks but not too much standing water
Ercuperation Ride 10th November 2018 003.JPG

Ercuperation Ride 10th November 2018 005.JPG
Lots of rustic colour.
Ercuperation Ride 10th November 2018 007.JPG
Long shadows even early in the afternoon. If you think too much about going for a ride at this time of year you miss the opportunity.
Ercuperation Ride 10th November 2018 008.JPG
Last picture as the bridal path enters a field from a woodland track. Made it to the LIdl before the rain. Then it poured down. I waited outside under cover and then made a dash for it when it stopped, long dash, 10 mile dash. Five miles in to my dash it started to rain a bit. One mile from home it absolutely it became torrential and by the time I got home I was somewhat wet. I felt so much better for the exercise and no repercussions from the operation. I am still off work for a while so I will have to fit in a few more.

When I ride to work on roughly the same off road route of 14 miles and then 10 miles road ride home the bike gets charged at work before the trip home. On this shopping trip it did not. When I got home having completed 24 miles I had 25% of the battery left giving a total range of 32 miles. Not terrible as it was a 14 mile off road route to Farnham and then a ten mile road ride home carrying the shopping in my panniers. It is now a bit cooler and also very wet.

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Couldn't get out today, but will be tomorrow. Haibike me thinks, will get some photo's and post

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
You love it Eddie. To be honest I don't mind getting wet myself. It was great just to be riding to be honest.
I'd probably not be so keen if like you, I had to commute every day through wet and muddy conditions. :)

Annoyingly the KTM is currently out of action, as my second Reverb seat post has failed. The first was deemed as being beyond economical repair, and the second is awaiting some parts and an aftermarket stronger, lower circlip to arrive.
I have the OE KTM supplied cable operated post, but don't really want the hassle of dropping the drive unit, nor the removal and re fitting of cable/hose, so I shall just ride the pedal mtb until the spares arrive. It is slightly frustrating as I have some potentially new terrain to explore, and it is far easier to do that sort of thing on an ebike than a pedal bike.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
sram have a new electric post on the way what i am waiting for ;)

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
I'd probably not be so keen if like you, I had to commute every day through wet and muddy conditions. :)

Annoyingly the KTM is currently out of action, as my second Reverb seat post has failed.

I am still off work so have almost forgotten my commuting to work routine but I do check the web for the weather forecast and if it looks really nasty will take the car, but this is usually few and far between although a bit more often in the winter.

I can vary my route to avoid the worst of the mud and broadly have some routes that I favour in the summer and others that are less inclined to mud and standing water in the winter.

As to dropper posts, I do not really need one for the routes I use getting to work and can manage by rolling over the point of no return slowly with my weight as low and far back as possible.

I have in fact never used a dropper post but when I am retired and riding again purely for leisure I will definitely get one and learn how best to use it as I have seen how much more in control you can be on steep technical descents using one.

Last edited:

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
Today is a sad day...

My motor died! Yesterday it started to sound bad, but today it got alot worse and now it's hardly spinning.

A front hub motor, think there is some problem with the one-way-bearing (if there are any there, or similar construction).

Anyway, it has lasted actually just over 15000 km!!! Without any big problems, so I can not say I am more than happy with it anyway.

Search goes on for what to replace it with... :)

IMG_20181112_135545.jpg

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Deere John where is "The lady of Shalott" in your rather marvelous barge?
1280px-John_William_Waterhouse_-_The_Lady_of_Shalott_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

If that motor lasted 15000km and you were happy with the way it performed I would be inclined to get another one.

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
Deere John where is "The lady of Shalott" in your rather marvelous barge?
View attachment 27641

If that motor lasted 15000km and you were happy with the way it performed I would be inclined to get another one.
Well I think Sir Lancelot must have gotten just before me and grabbed her. Horsepower is faster than watts [emoji16]

Yes I think get something similar but more correct geared.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

Reactions: georgehenry

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
It's done well, have you got any ideas as to what's next ?

Related Articles

Advertisers