eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

Rescued last year, was very very rusty.
It's a beauty and wonderfully restored.

How does it ride off road? [emoji14]

Sent using this crappy tapatalk app. that has such poor functionality I can't even click 'like'!

Reactions: Gaz and Steve A

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Nice n solid bit of British engineering. :) Good thing, these are easy to refurbish i.e. strip down, get rid of rust, re-grease, paint (halfords auto paint) and put back together. If i can do it anyone can!.

There's a bit of satisfaction in refurbishing something. Also, a balance in how far you go. If you look at handle i could have stripped it right back to make metal look brand new, but it just wouldn't feel the same.

Ultrafunkula

Pedelecer
Mar 18, 2011
I've been taking it easy for a number of week now since bouncing off some visually impaired old guys bonnet, but what a cracking little ride yesterday delivered.
Took my Go Pro so have footage. Struggling to upload to YouTube, Vimeo wants money (tight git, I know!) so I've simply dumped it on my Google drive for now, that is if anyone is even interested to watch!
I'm interested to see if the link even works :p
Latest lesson I've learnt, is stick to off-road riding!

Blast across the South Downs can be viewed HERE.

No strava, no photos, but spent an hour editing the video with some mildly drole comments.
Great video, that's nicely specked bike by the few parts I observed

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
I generally take a quinoa salad from my favorite Hove delicatessen, a tin of Waitrose sardines and a bottle of fresh water from the Peckham spring that Del boy discovered. I also have an out of date Marathon bar for emergencies that I've yet to need.

Sent using this crappy tapatalk app. that has such poor functionality I can't even click 'like'!
AHAH! At last we've discovered the persona behind Mercedes Smart e-Biker.

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing and IR772
AHAH! At last we've discovered the persona behind Mercedes Smart e-Biker.
LOL! It may say Brighton ebiker, but yes, it's Hove actually darling! ;)

Darren, any chance that you add the above to your signature? :) I have signatures turned off, but can't find a way of not seeing it with every post. :(
Let's see, I'll try and find it in the Tapatalk settings... Leave it with me for a mo.

Sent with the blessing and approval of the one like EddiePJ.

It is funny how the brain works (or in my case doesn't), as despite knowing that it was there, I still read it each time.
Can't simply click like, so I must endure the oh so laborious task of clicking reply and typing the word like.

LIKE [emoji106]

Sent from Android device

• Disagree
Reactions: Tugwell Gibson

Tugwell Gibson

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 30, 2016
London
Danson House. Danson Park, Bexley. Rode across the park to pick up my car. That was left their overnight as had been drinking. They converted the old stables into a juicer. But it's a pain to get to. So I picked everyone up and drove there. And got a cab home. So one more plus for the ebike. DSC_0283.JPG

Sherman

Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2014
Helsinki, Finland
We had a bit of fresh snow, so it was a perfect opportunity to for a quick spin last night. I wanted to go ride on ice:

On my way to the beach, this is what my bike looked like after a 1.5km (~mile for you imperial people) of street riding:
1-sleet.jpg

In to the great white open
2-frozen.jpg

Fancy a dip? Someone was swimming there when I first passed this:
3-dip.jpg

And a bit of riding on the beach. Nice.
4-beach.jpg

And I made this crappiest video ever of my riding. Shot with my phone using one hand. The most interesting thing in the video is the sound, wind and the crust of snow breaking under tires:

Last edited:

Related Articles

Advertisers