eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Photographs from yesterdays ride to work. Godalming to Farnham in Surrey.
Used to be near my neck of the woods in the 1960s or so. Frensham ponds, Sweetwater, Milford, Brook, etc. Cycling came to an abrupt end when I had an unpleasant flight over handlebars onto pavement at speed. Thoroughly bent front wheel, forks, etc. And painful hand and knees.

Reactions: georgehenry

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Used to be near my neck of the woods in the 1960s or so. Frensham ponds, Sweetwater, Milford, Brook, etc. Cycling came to an abrupt end when I had an unpleasant flight over handlebars onto pavement at speed. Thoroughly bent front wheel, forks, etc. And painful hand and knees.
Hi Oyster, I was born and brought up in Hampshire which is another lovely county, and moved to Surrey with work. Surrey offers great cross country tracks with hills and ridge lines to provide views, a lot of common land, woodland and a lots of lakes.

I am a couple of weeks back from a boys bank holiday away trip to mid wales riding old British motorbikes in the Welsh National Rally and dirt bikes for two days into the beautiful welsh countryside and hills led by a retired teacher we know from the area. We are lucky to live on such a lovely island with such a variety of lovely countryside to enjoy.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
I also used to live there... :)

Are you sure it was Wales? Looked rather too dry.
We were very lucky with the weather. I was having to hang back from the bike in front to avoid the worst of the kicked up dust. I cannot say I was expecting that in Wales. Normally it is an enjoyable festival of mud. Lots of new born lambs and fabulous scenery.

Last edited:
Reactions: oyster

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
We were very lucky with the weather. I was having to hang back from the bike in front to avoid the worst of the kicked up dust. I cannot say I was expecting that in Wales. Lots of new born lambs and fabulous scenery.
Trump is working on you planting olive trees in Wales soon... :rolleyes:

Reactions: oyster

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
Good video georgehenry. I like looking at the old British bikes, but I don't like working on them. So I have a modern Triumph Sprint GT, doesn't have all the bells and whistles of some of the newish bikes around nowadays. It was a lot cheaper than most of those though.

The off road stuff looked fun, I've done a lot of motorcycling over the years but not done any off road. The scenery in the vid looked terrific, I am lucky in that the areas I go mountain biking in have very similar scenery.

D

Deleted member 22539

Until seeing your photo, I have never noticed that my own trigger shifter isn't black. Funny what details that you can miss about your own bike.
It shows we don’t always see what’s in front of us
:)

• Agree
Reactions: EddiePJ

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Trump is working on you planting olive trees in Wales soon... :rolleyes:
We have two in the garden already. :)

(They are only little ones, perhaps five to seven years old, in pots. Have been in Wales for about two years now. Local Homebase had some pretty huge ones the other week. I guess they will end up in someone's garden - or dying.)

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
I took a longer 18 mile route to work today looping out cross country close to Thursley to take in the countryside around Frensham and Tilford on my way to Farnham.
Ride to work Thursley 19 05 18 001.JPG
Woodland adjacent to Thursley Common
Ride to work Thursley 19 05 18 004.JPG
Forked Pond
Ride to work Thursley 19 05 18 009.JPG
Thursley Common
Ride to work Thursley 19 05 18 014.JPG
Hankley Common
Ride to work Thursley 19 05 18 018.JPG
Hankley Common
Ride to work Thursley 19 05 18 020.JPG
Lion's Mouth, Atlantic Wall, Hankley Common
Ride to work Thursley 19 05 18 023.JPG
Atlantic Wall Plaque
Ride to work Thursley 19 05 18 026.JPG
View of River Wey from footbridge, close to Frensham Little Pond

At this point I became nervous about the time I had left to get to work and stopped taking pictures and picked up the pace, actually getting to work at exactly the time I had planned, phew.

I passed Pierrepont Home Farm, home to Frensham Brewery where with more time they could sell you a medicinal pint or eight, before whizzing over Tankersford Common eventually connecting up to one of my more usual routes to work at Tilford.

I am not sure I can do this route too often as it takes more time but in great weather today it was a fantastic ride.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
It has toiled away deflecting mud for over 9000 miles. Have some respect. Yes recently it has sagged and probably I need a new one but it continues to do its job. Good show.

Reactions: EddiePJ

Related Articles

Advertisers