grasshopper

Pedelecer
May 23, 2012
What a bunch of overpaid, talentless group of morans

NO Passion
No Energy
No F**King good

Worst England team I have ever seen
I suppose its being so cheerful that keeps you going, then?

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
What a bunch of overpaid, talentless group of morans

NO Passion
No Energy
No F**King good

Worst England team I have ever seen

Never mind b***** football .....what about poor Lewis yesterday ......and there isnt even a smilie to insert to show how devastated I was, lets just say I was VERY :( and a huge bit :mad: and it ruined the rest of my day......which hadnt started well anyway.....

But, hey.....the SUN is out today......no more muddy mudguards ( or legs and backs if you think mudguards arent sexy enough ) :D

Lynda :)

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
Never mind b***** football .....what about poor Lewis yesterday ......and there isnt even a smilie to insert to show how devastated I was, lets just say I was VERY :( and a huge bit :mad: and it ruined the rest of my day......which hadnt started well anyway.....

But, hey.....the SUN is out today......no more muddy mudguards ( or legs and backs if you think mudguards arent sexy enough ) :D

Sorry Lynda but as much as I like Hamilton he has nobody to blame but himself. There was no way Maldonado was not going to pass him and he should of just let it happen and took the points.

Hamiltons lack of vocal protest over the incident shows that even he knows this.

As for England ...................

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Sorry Lynda but as much as I like Hamilton he has nobody to blame but himself. There was no way Maldonado was not going to pass him and he should of just let it happen and took the points.

Hamiltons lack of vocal protest over the incident shows that even he knows this.

As for England ...................
NO.....you are wrong there GaRRy......Maldonado was given a 20 second penalty for rejoining the track in an unsafe manner.....didnt you SEE the race ??

It was totally Maldonados fault !!!!!

Lewis is maturing and learning its best to keep his mouth shut as much as he can and that can only be good :D

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
Not saying Maldonados was totally innocent but the simple fact is that Lewis tried to defend a impossible situation and paid the price.

As I said I like Hamilton and would love to see him become world champion again but he needs to learn when to yield to a car that is quite obvioulsy faster. The lost points could be critical at the end of the season

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Perhaps a tad harsh Jazper? There's no denying that they weren't very good but really, if we stopped believing all the guff that sports journalists print about the national side's ability, we wouldn't feel so disappointed when we watch them lose to better teams.

Last night was yet another triumph of hype over substance but on the serious side, one wonders where all the money goes in English football. Our fantastic Premier league is heavily populated by star players from other countries, producing some really good English teams. When we need to field a national side, we can't use those stars and our home-grown players, with a few exceptions, can't cut the mustard at the highest level.

I don't think we can even rely on the excuse of being unlucky as clearly we had a lot of luck last night and might have ended up losing heavily but for some resolute, last-ditch defending, particularly by John Terry who might be a lot of things but certainly doesn't lack passion. After losing six out of seven penalty shoot-outs over the years, it can't just be bad luck. I believe it's a psychological problem which needs to be addressed. Consider the confidence and impudence exhibited by the Italians last night in their approach to the penalties, even after missing an early spot-kick. We don't have that but we do seem to have this burden from previous attempts which somehow induces a fear and nervousness which invariably causes us to fail somewhere down that list of penalty takers.

Also, it's a well-known fact that Italian players ride sleek, sexy, expensive ebikes, whereas our guys buy utility models from the budget end of the market. Perhaps we should pay them more?

Indalo

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
England were never going to win this one and I predicted the result as soon as I knew Italy were to be their opponents.

They did a bit better the recent previous England teams, so give Roy Hodgson a chance to carry on in the same vein. He's got a lot to overcome, England does hardly anything well these days, we can't even get a drought right without having flood warnings in the middle.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Wimbledon, no, very little chance of a win there, but we shouldn't do badly in the Olympics where our performance has mostly tended to match our country's size. Apart from the cycling and boating events where we are often the best in the world!

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
Wimbledon, no, very little chance of a win there, but we shouldn't do badly in the Olympics where our performance has mostly tended to match our country's size. Apart from the cycling and boating events where we are often the best in the world!
And there you have hit the nail on the head. Why dont people in this country realise that in most things we punch far above our countries weight.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
And there you have hit the nail on the head. Why dont people in this country realise that in most things we punch far above our countries weight.
In fact we have already scored our first Olympics 2012 success!

By all accounts the food at the Beijing Olympics was a disaster, leaving widespread dissatisfaction among competitors and visitors from around the world at the lack of suitable choices.

I've just been listening to the way we are tackling this for London 2012 on a BBC Radio 4 program, and the care to provide suitable well prepared foods using fresh ingredients from around the world is nothing less than astonishing.

It won't win a gold medal, but it should win widespread appreciation from the competitors and visitors who suffered the meagre Beijing dietary provisions last time.

Last edited:

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Perhaps a tad harsh Jazper? There's no denying that they weren't very good but really, if we stopped believing all the guff that sports journalists print about the national side's ability, we wouldn't feel so disappointed when we watch them lose to better teams.

Last night was yet another triumph of hype over substance but on the serious side, one wonders where all the money goes in English football. Our fantastic Premier league is heavily populated by star players from other countries, producing some really good English teams. When we need to field a national side, we can't use those stars and our home-grown players, with a few exceptions, can't cut the mustard at the highest level.

I don't think we can even rely on the excuse of being unlucky as clearly we had a lot of luck last night and might have ended up losing heavily but for some resolute, last-ditch defending, particularly by John Terry who might be a lot of things but certainly doesn't lack passion. After losing six out of seven penalty shoot-outs over the years, it can't just be bad luck. I believe it's a psychological problem which needs to be addressed. Consider the confidence and impudence exhibited by the Italians last night in their approach to the penalties, even after missing an early spot-kick. We don't have that but we do seem to have this burden from previous attempts which somehow induces a fear and nervousness which invariably causes us to fail somewhere down that list of penalty takers.

Also, it's a well-known fact that Italian players ride sleek, sexy, expensive ebikes, whereas our guys buy utility models from the budget end of the market. Perhaps we should pay them more?

Indalo
Indalo has hit the nail on the head.

As I was watching the game it became obvious that the reason we were losing was because the Italians obviously rode sleek, sexy, expensive (and mudguardless note) e-bikes - whereas our boys have to make do with 1970's Chopper bikes.

The obvious answer is to pay them more money.

Why nobody else has suggested this is beyond me.

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
Indalo has hit the nail on the head.

As I was watching the game it became obvious that the reason we were losing was because the Italians obviously rode sleek, sexy, expensive (and mudguardless note) e-bikes - whereas our boys have to make do with 1970's Chopper bikes.

The obvious answer is to pay them more money.

Why nobody else has suggested this is beyond me.
1970 Choppers bikes with training wheels, would be more apt.

Last edited:

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Thats as maybe......but if you DONT punch above your weight....you will never get anywhere, surely,thats how we all get on in life and better ourselves.....

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Thats as maybe......but if you DONT punch above your weight....you will never get anywhere, surely,thats how we all get on in life and better ourselves.....

Uh oh. Why this obsession with 'bettering' oneself. Why not just BE oneself????

Even if that self is a failure?

Yes James even that.

(you're talking to yourself now - is that wise? No. Probably not)

:)

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth

Agree but even when we punch above our weight in this country we still say were crap. Sure this country could be better but we should remember there are far far worse places to live and very few better.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
There are certainly many worse places Garry, but I think the millions who have emigrated to numerous countries would disagree about there being very few better. In their view and mine, there are many better places to be all around the world, but of course what constitutes better is so highly individual that widespread agreement is probably impossible.

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
There are certainly many worse places Garry, but I think the millions who have emigrated to numerous countries would disagree about there being very few better. In their view and mine, there are many better places to be all around the world, but of course what constitutes better is so highly individual that widespread agreement is probably impossible.
So what about the millions who have come here who far out number those that have left. I really do get fed up with those that keep putting this country down as far as I'm concerned the sooner that all ****** of the better of the rest of us will be.

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Agree but even when we punch above our weight in this country we still say were crap. Sure this country could be better but we should remember there are far far worse places to live and very few better.
Very very few.

If any.

Advertisers