ES Used Sale Thread - Opinion

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Hello all,
Some of you may use Endless Sphere forum. I'm really after your opinion as we have some traders in this forum and some well educated folk.

I may have stuck my head out a bit far on this thread and stuck an oar in where its not needed.

So some claification would be needed. Feel free to swat me down if i'm being unreasonable.

The thread in question is this one...

For Sale Thread

This stock was previously being sold by Mark H from Team Hyrid UK.

Original For Sale Thread

Now i've probably been a silly and said on the for sale thread by Newb that he has deliberatly brought the stock Mark was selling and then hiked up the price and posted it in the for sale section of the same forum.

My point is that the prices have been upped so much so that its become unreasonable. By all means add a bit on to make your money back and keep the kit you'd like. But your essentially profiteering by bouncing the price back up. The fact the chap has even said he brought the stock from Mark was honest, yes. But the pricing structure is just plain naughty.

I posted in the thread detailing the original prices that Mark offered.

I was told to remove it.
I removed the price but left my comments saying it was unethical and profiteering.

That was later removed by a moderator.

I Contacted both via a Private message to voice my concern.
Now maybe I am a bit of an idiot for sticking my neck out like that.
Essentially more people could have had a cheap way into Ebikes or fun trial setups and instead those same people are now being charged alot more that originally requested.

I'm in two minds if I over stepped the mark.:confused:

It probably becasue its on the same forum to the same traffic of people. The person who brought the goods could just as easy sell them on ebay at the same cost and I or anyone else would have been none the wiser.

Maybe I just hope that everyone would be fair. But I guess thats not the way the world works...

Your comments are greatly received.

lectureral

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 30, 2007
Suva, Fiji
I didn't examine it in great detail but hasn't he done work by testing and making videos of the stuff? Maybe that justifies the higher price. At the end of the day, complaining about an asking price is a fool's errand - either someone will pay it or they won't - it's the seller's prerogative. I also don't really understand "profiteering" in this context - it's not like there is a war on.

amigafan2003

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2011
I concur with the above poster.

Personally if he wants to buy a few items at a good price then sell them for a bit more and make a bit of money then good luck to him - I do it with items from ebay all the time - bought a Radeon 5870 gfx card last week for £65 that had the title mispelt and flogged it three days later back on the bay for £110.

After all - that's all people do with stocks and shares isn't it?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It's difficult to judge without seeing all the posts Scotty. My view is that you were entitled to post that the prices were much higher than those bought at, after all that's a historic fact. But posting your personal view on the fairness of that increase within the sale thread was not appropriate, since it looks like sabotage of a legitimate offer to sell. However, there's nothing wrong with you expressing your view on the moral issue of the margins elsewhere as long as it's truthful, since that's a simple freedom of speech issue.

Advertisers