Everyone OK

richard

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2007
berkshire RG8 UK
Brilliant Grandad,
Managed to negotiate floods by riding in the centre of of the road with fingers firmly crossed but when zooming down a hill I went through an innocent looking puddle which turned out to be a blooming great pothole!!
Shook me up but trusty Liv survived even with panniers full to the brim with shopping.
Richard

Footie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 16, 2007
Cornwall. PL27
Very resourceful.
Do you do commission jobs?
I’ve just had a phone call to say my new bike is on its way. Trouble is it’s got to come from Nottingham to Cornwall :eek:
I did ask them if their lorry had water wings :)
Steve

coops

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2007
Manchester U.K.
I recall seeing a water bike (non-electric) being ridden sedately on the nearby canals on a local TV item not long ago: I'll post a link if I can find one. Sorry its not much help if you're flooded though :eek:.

A 550kB PDF of the programme, with a very small piece on the water bike, made by frances parkinson & inspired by a Victorian photo, at the very bottom of the pdf.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
There's quite a number of water cycles about, some rigid float, and one or two with inflatable booms so pack away. One is designed to stow on a roof rack.

There's pedal kayaks too, some users have done very long trips along rivers using them in both Canada and Australia. One of the most popular pedal kayaks uses rear paddle vanes like a platypus or whale's tail. The pedals flap them up and down, propelling it forward.

Our bike designer Mike Burrows did a test report on one of them a little while ago.

coops

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2007
Manchester U.K.
Sounds interesting flecc, especially the "flappy paddle" pedal kayak :D sounds more efficient than the Victorian water bike I saw :).

Would come in handy for round 2 of the rain, then, by the looks of the forecast for the weekend :(.

Stuart.

richard

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2007
berkshire RG8 UK
deep water

I accidently ploughed into deep water today ( eighteen inches) at speed.
Immediately switched off, manually cycled for a couple of miles but curiosity got the better of me and stupidly switched on.....all ok...well done Ezee Liv

Richard

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That's good news Richard, shows that all the waterproofing efforts eZee have been making are paying off on the newer bikes.

Older models would probably have had a flooded controller and been out of action until dried out.

coops

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2007
Manchester U.K.
Did I miss an announcement on waterproofing for Ezee bikes mentioned here as expected in May, I think? Is it that you're referring to flecc? If it is, what exactly is it?! :confused: I think its been alluded to elsewhere here quite recently too?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I can't remember when/where/who Stuart, but remember it being said that eZee were working on improvements to the waterproofing.

That must have borne fruit, since Richard's water experience would have stopped my mid 2006 Torq/Quando controllers (as received) on the spot. They only needed a splash for that, and their manuals say, "Don't ride in the rain!" :rolleyes:

coops

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2007
Manchester U.K.
Well, thats good news then :); I wonder if its retrofittable :rolleyes: :D...

Reminds me of the current scenes in flooded areas, where "don't ride in the lake/river" would be more appropriate :rolleyes:.

Advertisers