Woosh Fat boy Tyre Pressure

Petesmith

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 19, 2019
Hi I have a Woosh fat boy; I have just checked the tyre pressures on both wheels and found them to be roughly 20psi in each; the manual which I received with the bike says keeping them at approximately 45psi so I have inflated to this. Today had a quick ride and appear to be bouncing around and not gripping very well off road on shingle; was a horrible ride, can anyone tell me what pressure they keep there tyres at? My tyres are 26 x 3.0, thanks for any help.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hi Petesmith,

45psi is the maximum for those 3" Kiniption tyres.
I usually pump them to 20psi for forrestry tracks, 25psi-30psi for tarmac.
I'll tell Andy about the 45psi error, they are not for the Fat Boy.
Thank you Pete for flagging it up.

Petesmith

Jun 19, 2019
Many thanks for your reply; I better deflate my tyres then to around 25psi.

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
I have a Fat Tyre Folder with 20 x 4 in. Kenda tyres and the recommended pressure is marked as 30 psi . I run them just a bit lower at 29 psi as I ride on tarmac .

Reactions: Petesmith

Petesmith

Jun 19, 2019
I have a Fat Tyre Folder with 20 x 4 in. Kenda tyres and the recommended pressure is marked as 30 psi . I run them just a bit lower at 29 psi as I ride on tarmac .
Thanks for the advice Roger; I mainly ride on tarmac but also some off road paths.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Thanks for the advice Roger; I mainly ride on tarmac but also some off road paths.
Lots of good advice already, remember that 45 PSI is the maximum pressure that particular make of tyre can handle. The pressure you actually need should reflect your comfort and wishes, plus your weight. Also, is your bike sprung front and back, or only front? That plays a big "comfort" role....
The advice already given here would appear to be well thought out, though I myself, once I discover the pressure I like (hard), just stay with it as I am far too lazy to keep adjusting them, as I never know where I will be on any particular day....Forest, hills, flatland or road!
But generlly speaking, I like tyres to be hard as I believe (maybe wrongly) that I am less likely to get a puncture....
But I have in fact not had a puncture on either of my e-bikes for some years now, but it could be down to good luck!!
There was a time when I was having them regularly and mostly the rear, where the motor is (on both of them!). I got to be quite good at repairing the tube, without removing the wheel...
Also, my first e-bike had no sprung rear suspension (where I got all my punctures), the new (2.5 years old) one is sprung front and back (I love it!).
regards
Andy

Reactions: Petesmith